Nestucca?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I won't be going fish hunting until next week, but I've been thinking about one of the centrally located coastal rivers like the Nestucca. If we do get the promised rain, I'm hoping the chances of finding some ho action would be fairly decent. I am leaning toward bobber and egg to lure them to their death. What do you think my chances are? I haven't seen many reports on very many of the coast rivers so far and it's been a couple years since I've chased anything but trout. I really need to get back out there! :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
Hi barb, the nestucca got a push of fish that were stuck down low for a while,most are dark a few chromers mixed in, they are stacked up at the mouth of 3 rivers (hansen boat ramp) my cousin got a jack there the other day but said there were quite a few corky snaggers too so it was tough fishing. With the rain today it should bring more fish,there are a lot of fish milling around in pacific city right now.

S
Steelheader4Life
Next week is when things will really start to happen in the river. Tide water has been good on some days and slow on others. You are only allowed to fish for Coho on Sundays and Mondays below the Cloverdale bridge which is basically tide water. The limit is one wild for the year. You would be better off targeting Chinook as they will be plentiful this year once the river gets above 5 feet. Good luck and go put some blood on the bank :)

H
halibuthitman
The tucca is VERY slow right now, even the guides are struggling-

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Do you have a boat? Thinking the Trask tide water might be a good option.

E
eugene1
I love the tucca! what a great river but beware of the area that would be described as the "jaws" on any other system.

Gets kinda sketchy down there.

Best,

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
First, thanks for all the input and info. The plan is for Mike (Autofisher) and I to spend the day fishing, hopefully for something we can put in the freezer, but mainly just to be out on the water. Any water within a few hours of Salem will work. I know things will be different if it rains a few more days, so I'll keep checking. Thanks again! :peace: