3 for 3 on the Slaw

B
bythesea
we thought we'd try after the rain.took the little boat out. turned out to be a pretty good day. might of got #4 nook but decided to go home and have a IPA,,,BIG bait was the trick today......:bleh:..........FISH-ON!!!! DSCN0119.jpg

DSCN0116.jpg

S
sapo
Wow, nice fish!

E
eugene1
Nice chromers!

T
troutmasta
Great fish. That river owes me!

B
billfisher
Nice Fish! :flex:

U
upperroguepirate
little boat big fish. i'm still trying from shore to get my king meat

S
Seahawkfan
What size boat is that in the back ground and size motor?... if you don't mind me asking. I have a 12' deep v with a 15hp Yamaha on the back and was wondering if it will do the job.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Seahawkfan said:
What size boat is that in the back ground and size motor?... if you don't mind me asking. I have a 12' deep v with a 15hp Yamaha on the back and was wondering if it will do the job.

in my experience you have no worries if you don't go out during a serious storm. Lots of small and drift boats with less HP and I take my kayak on the Slaw all the time, I try to avoid 20mph gusty winds, but I caught this small chinook a couple weeks ago trolling back to the 29 marker into 1-2 waves with small white caps on them and obviously, I was still fishing and not hugging the shore just trying to get back to the launch...:D

U
upperroguepirate
rogerdodger said:
in my experience you have no worries if you don't go out during a serious storm. Lots of small and drift boats with less HP and I take my kayak on the Slaw all the time, I try to avoid 20mph gusty winds, but I caught this small chinook a couple weeks ago trolling back to the 29 marker into 1-2 waves with small white caps on them and obviously, I was still fishing and not hugging the shore just trying to get back to the launch...:D

Just to let everybody know here, that my comment "small boat big fish" shouldn't be meant thinking I was cutting someone down because they were fishing out of a small boat. No way was I implying that. I'd fish from a 12 ft no problem. People who love to fish catch their fish in all sorts of sizes:D I just wanted to be clear. Hope no one took it the wrong way.

B
bythesea
Seahawkfan said:

It's 26' w/a 225hp..but in some places (up the slaw) it's just not really practical...

S
Seahawkfan
bythesea said:
It's 26' w/a 225hp..but in some places (up the slaw) it's just not really practical...

Thanks. Those are some nice fish.