Got rain?

T
troutmasta
Yessir!!!!

B
BaldTexan
First season of salmon fishing newb here. I understand we need rain to get more salmon up the rivers and cool the water temps. So, if it rains at the coast for a week straight, when is the best time to get out there on the rivers? I go every weekend regardless!...but haven't fished in the coastal rivers yet this fall. Been catching a lot of coho in the bays but I'm ready to try some river drifting and bank fishing for Nook's!

B
bigboy70
time to wash the rigs boys! rain dance whatever let it happen would love to see a couple inches!!!

hobster
hobster
Awesome, we NEED this! I will not be attending, I am heading to Virginia tomorrow for 8 days to be with a family member in need. Fishing should be excellent! I'll be with you all in mind and spirit, tear 'em up boys!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster said:
Awesome, we NEED this! I will not be attending, I am heading to Virginia tomorrow for 8 days to be with a family member in need. Fishing should be excellent! I'll be with you all in mind and spirit, tear 'em up boys!

I hope your trip goes smooth and based on that storm hitting over the weekend and into next week, fishing might just be red hot when you get back. Cheers, roger

T
TimberTodd
Washed and waxed the truck Saturday.

hobster
hobster
rogerdodger said:
I hope your trip goes smooth and based on that storm hitting over the weekend and into next week, fishing might just be red hot when you get back. Cheers, roger

Thanks Roger, much appreciated. I too hope it's red hot when I get back. :)

jamisonace
jamisonace
If this storm does its worst, fishing won't be good in the rivers until after next week. I'm seeing rain through all of next week.

Thank You Lord! I'm ready to take the motor off the drift boat and start catching kings on kwikfish.

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
I'm ready to take the motor off the drift boat and start catching kings on kwikfish.

Thats what Im talking about!!!

Hopefully the rivers up here rise a couple feet, then the drop should be Awesmoe:D

S
steelhead_slayer
Good news!

jamisonace
jamisonace
There will some epic fishing happening if this storm raises the rivers over two feet. I'm going south for Thanksgiving this year so maybe we need to get together earlier this year Jeff.

troutmasta said:
Thats what Im talking about!!!

Hopefully the rivers up here rise a couple feet, then the drop should be Awesmoe:D

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Hopefully that means I can fill the rest of my tag :)

jhop111
jhop111
I'm so friggin ready for rain. Although I will miss chasing chrome in sandals and shorts. I have only made a couple trips down to the slaw this season. One banking in up river and one trolling. I have not much urge to return to either until we see some liquid sunshine.

L
lizardman
no rain here on the dry side of the state.. we need it to cool the Columbia and raise the level of the Umatilla so the fish waiting to run the Umatilla will move upstream and the bite might turn on in the Columbia.

Tons of fish, just no fish biting (Roe, Shrimp, Jigs, yarn, all tried by different people). A few are being caught right after sunrise to about eight am and then after sunset in that 1/2 hour window you can still legally fish.

J
JeannaJigs
I haven't washed the jeep in...a good 8 months. It still has montana and wyoming filth all over it...It's hard to wash away the adventures...but it looks like we will get the rain whether i wash it or not lol.

it would be ideal if it rained a couple days, river came up a little...dropped....next week it did the same...so on and so on...I hate when we get it all at once, it pushes the fish above the deadlines in no time.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The long range forecast calls for 10 days of rain. Keep your waders handy! :thumb:

hobster
hobster
JeannaJigs said:
I haven't washed the jeep in...a good 8 months. It still has montana and wyoming filth all over it...It's hard to wash away the adventures...but it looks like we will get the rain whether i wash it or not lol.

it would be ideal if it rained a couple days, river came up a little...dropped....next week it did the same...so on and so on...I hate when we get it all at once, it pushes the fish above the deadlines in no time.

Where is your thread from your trip Jeanna....been looking forward to seeing it. :)

C
CoastalMoe
Raincatcher said:
The long range forecast calls for 10 days of rain. Keep your waders handy! :thumb:

We are moving to Oregon during the first big ran... Great... LOL

S
SmallStreams
How much rain is too much? Will an inch per day for 3-4 days blow out the coastal rivers for the weekend?