Plugs, kwick fish, and others

Q
qwapaw
I used to do pretty good pulling plugs for Chinook, but lately nothing. I feel I would like to go deeper. Has anyone ran a dropper with a couple ounces of weight on it. I always figured that wouldn't work, but I want to try something. Any suggestions ? Thanks, and tight lines, Dan

M
minnowmagnet
qwapaw said:
I used to do pretty good pulling plugs for Chinook, but lately nothing. I feel I would like to go deeper. Has anyone ran a dropper with a couple ounces of weight on it. I always figured that wouldn't work, but I want to try something. Any suggestions ? Thanks, and tight lines, Dan
I would recommend running a jet-diver with your plug if you want to go deeper.

E
eugene1
That's the only way I fish them these days. 18-33" dropper to get it down to the bottom where the biters are.

Good luck,

qwapaw said:

D
DrTheopolis
The Maglip 4.5 dives deep -- over 20', depending on current and whatnot.

I've also run Kwiks or whatever with a jet-diver with about 8" of dropper as a slider above the bead chain (I always put a small corky above the bead chain/swivel, both as a stopper for a dropper and to keep the bead chain from slamming into the top guide in moments of excitement or inattention).

jamisonace
jamisonace
Trolling I use a lead ball to get it down. Pulling plugs I use jet divers. Jumbo divers will get it way down. You can also back bounce kwik fish using lead.

O
OnTheDrop
jamisonace said:
Trolling I use a lead ball to get it down. Pulling plugs I use jet divers. Jumbo divers will get it way down. You can also back bounce kwik fish using lead.

Ding Ding! ^^

E
eat, sleep, fish
When the weeds are bad it really helps to always use lead. I prefer to run a little heavy and back bounce the plugs just like you would eggs with an 18-24" dropper and 5-6' leader. You can also use divers like the others have mentioned.