Staying in Mapleton

D
Daddyob2
Hello Guys, were coming over to fish in the river next week through the weekend. Ive caught some salmon on the klamath river but i was using corkys and a hook does that work there? and is there other places where my wife and sister can easily hook a fish or two...i seen the post about the local lure maker and was also wondering if he sell them in Florance? thx for any info it will help

D
Daddyob2
opps i forgot to say thanks for letting me join the forum, and that we will be fishing from the bank

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Daddyob2 said:
Hello Guys, were coming over to fish in the river next week through the weekend. Ive caught some salmon on the klamath river but i was using corkys and a hook does that work there? and is there other places where my wife and sister can easily hook a fish or two...i seen the post about the local lure maker and was also wondering if he sell them in Florance? thx for any info it will help

welcome to OFF! the last time I checked, the Sportsman in Florence, W side of 101 just N. of the bridge over the Siuslaw, carried a big variety of the spinners/lures. "Pink Bell Hootchie" is probably the #1 local producer for coho. The main bank access close to the ocean is on Rhododendron drive near the Humane Society. In Mapleton, behind the stores S. of the bridge, there is a big dock run by the Port of Siuslaw for boats to temporarily tie up at (transient dock), there were lots of people tossing spinners from it last year as the coho were moving past...cheers, roger

D
Daddyob2
rogerdodger said:
welcome to OFF! the last time I checked, the Sportsman in Florence, W side of 101 just N. of the bridge over the Siuslaw, carried a big variety of the spinners/lures. "Pink Bell Hootchie" is probably the #1 local producer for coho. The main bank access close to the ocean is on Rhododendron drive near the Humane Society. In Mapleton, behind the stores S. of the bridge, there is a big dock run by the Port of Siuslaw for boats to temporarily tie up at (transient dock), there were lots of people tossing spinners from it last year as the coho were moving past...cheers, roger

we'll be staying in the rv park there in mapleton that should work good thx for the tips.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Drive up to Farnham landing about 2 miles up 36. Pay to park $2 for the day some good holes there

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Check Mapleton Market for NCL&F spinners.