Alsea River fishing reports

J
JeannaJigs
:confused:
RunWithSasquatch said:
He's got a weird mental issue.

He did tell me the opposite before though. Said that as long as I parked on the highway I didn't have to pay.

Maybe he just thought we were some sketchy lookin' mofos and we caught him on a bad day. :think:

R
RunWithSasquatch
No I dont know. I understand what you're saying, he's kinda jacked up in the head. And I think his wife or girlfriend was on drugs one night when we took out there. I thought she was going to climb in my truck.

We were putting in there another time in the meat of the salmon run. We asked "You been doing any fishing?" and he says "yes, fishing has been really good, got one this morning" And we get kind of excited and ask back "how big was your fish?" and he looks at us weird "Oh, it was only about 12" rainbow"

We're just like this dude is not coherent to the world.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol wow. Yeah he seemed pretty weird. My friend took his car and left me there with my boat to get the trailer and the dude just like materialized outta nowhere AFTER i saw a big freakin' cougar walking down the side of the road on the other side of the river. He coughed and scared the bejeezus outta me and then just stood there and stared while i'm putting away my gear. Didn't say a word. Just stared. It was just about almost too dark to see anything at that point and I wasn't excited about chillin' there without a firearm.

A
alseaalumaweld
i never pay. he never said a word to me. i tie boat off walk to truck drive back load my boat put everthing away and go home

J
JeannaJigs
Maybe, you creep out the creepy guy...:think:

A
alseaalumaweld
JeannaJigs said:
Maybe, you creep out the creepy guy...:think:

very likely!

E
ezdoesit
JeannaJigs said:
Lol wow. Yeah he seemed pretty weird. My friend took his car and left me there with my boat to get the trailer and the dude just like materialized outta nowhere AFTER i saw a big freakin' cougar walking down the side of the road on the other side of the river. He coughed and scared the bejeezus outta me and then just stood there and stared while i'm putting away my gear. Didn't say a word. Just stared. It was just about almost too dark to see anything at that point and I wasn't excited about chillin' there without a firearm.

Ms Jigs. You were alone in the dark,you see a freakin cougar on the opposite bank and then a weirdo instantly shows up just standing there staring at you. Did you ever stop to think that guy may have transformed from the cougar? There are also zombies and werewolfs in that area. I would bring the $6.00 along next time, and a fresh pair of underwear. LMAO !!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I didn't take out there after that last year lol, there's enough good water between 5 rivers and ernie walters. floating from 5 rivers to blackberry is a pretty long float when the fishing is good and you can't seem to leave one spot because it's THAT good.

A
alseaalumaweld
and there ramp sucks.

J
JeannaJigs
Ha ha yeah last time I was there the concrete ended and it was about a 16" drop. Fun to crank a boat up at that kinda angle.

A
alseaalumaweld
haha

S
steelhead1
There are plenty of fish In the river now from deadline to tide to make the Alsea a worthwhile destination for fall salmon.Today we found the nookers to be cooperative,in the several miles of river we hiked.Coho are also present in numbers but were not in the biting mood for us today.didn't seem to matter what technique,or bait,just finding the spots that were not being flogged by the coors light crowd, was the ticket:D

A
alseaalumaweld
wish osp would go the the alsea maybe think out the coor lite flossers

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
wish osp would go the the alsea maybe think out the coor lite flossers

Crusher hole is a bad scene in general. Ive seen a lot of coho go home from there.

A
alseaalumaweld
ive never seen a osp while fishing the alsea so nothing will change what happen there

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
ive never seen a osp while fishing the alsea so nothing will change what happen there

only a hand full of times have I seen any enforcement down there. But it was 2 winters ago, never during salmon season.

A
alseaalumaweld
people seem to love fishing past the deadline this year. plan and shooting there fishing line next one i see acrost from are property

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
people seem to love fishing past the deadline this year. plan and shooting there fishing line next one i see acrost from are property

Yeah, I think I'd be into floating from fall creek down when the waters up to just see how many poachers there is. Maybe make a video and send it to OSP and show how big of a flop they are on making a presence down there.

A
alseaalumaweld
think i got a state police hat. we could just inforce the river?

C_Run
C_Run
November 1 observations. No photos today. I went to upper tidewater for a last stab at salmon fishing from the kayak. It was a beautiful day but I bet the river will be full of maple leaves in a week. Lots of fish jumping and rolling everywhere. Many getting that kind of bronze, dark look but still some chrome. I caught a somewhat dark 10lb. Chinook and a chrome coho about the same size. Shame to have to let the coho go but rules are rules. Most people were fishing with floats or trolling between float locations. I saw maybe 20 boats and saw several fish caught including some pretty bright Chinook. Kozy Cove had a gate on the driveway and the boat ramp and there were less RV's in the evening than there had been in the morning. Looks sad. Driving back there were cars in only about 1/3 of the usual roadside fishing holes. I'll be smoking fish tomorrow.