So... how do I catch carp in Oregon?

U
universalfishermatt
Screenshot_2014-09-26-16-22-22.jpgScreenshot_2014-09-26-19-05-32.jpg
Screenshot_2014-09-26-15-38-06.jpg

Do I hold the Guinness record for smallest carp caught on a hair rig? :D Lol. Yes it was hooked on bottom lip.
IMG_20140926_154630.jpg

I
igquick
I don't know, you tell me lol

F
FishOn420
I have caught a couple pretty good sized Carp off night crawlers on the Multnomah Channel off Sauvie Island. I actually caught a pretty good one on Sunday.

U
universalfishermatt
Really??? Iv tried to fish the mult channel on sauvies but all I caught were big bulllies and smallies Lol. Tons of snaggedness due to tangled and cut braided line and weights from other peoples mess that I hook up on.

FishOn420 said:
I have caught a couple pretty good sized Carp off night crawlers on the Multnomah Channel off Sauvie Island. I actually caught a pretty good one on Sunday.

U
universalfishermatt
Downside to corn is that the panfish will peck it all off by the time a carp gets to it.

N
Neoaculus
Today was my first time carping and caught four of the little buggers! There was a large on that broke my 6 pound line though. They're really powerful which surprised me.

F
FishOn420
Carp are good fighting fish. As soon as they hit your hook they will make a good run. So set your drag loose to avoid them snapping your line and as you tire out the fish set your drag a little tighter and bring that sucker in! The big ones especially will put up a great fight from the get go. If your fishing for bigger Carp I would recommend using a 20 pound test line. I personally prefer spider wire. That stuff is amazing.

N
Neoaculus
Thanks for the info it'll be good to remember.

U
universalfishermatt
15-20lb test is ideal and setting your drag semi loose but just enough tension to set the hook is good because they take off and bend your rod in the blink of an eye. Especially the big boys

U
universalfishermatt
Where did you carp for your first time neo?