Eagle Creek fishing reports

W
wishingiwasfishing
hello all! im new to the forum but have been lurking for awhile. just wondering if anyones got any silvers out of eagle yet or have seen any. wondering if this last rain was enough to push some up into the creek? thanks all have a great weekend and tight lines!

T
troutmasta
Nope.....:blushing:

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

More rain, and colder water temps, are the key. It's coming; so hold on. Then hit it!

S
skunk
There's 2-3k at the mouth along with about 80 fisherpeople. In 2 or three holes. Go if you want, I'd rather die.

T
Troutslayerjenn
I went there today for the first and last time ever. Way too crowded for a few holes, fish are super dark, and lots of idiots snagging fish and keeping them.

S
skunk
Troutslayerjenn said:
I went there today for the first and last time ever. Way too crowded for a few holes, fish are super dark, and lots of idiots snagging fish and keeping them.

Totally takes away the 'sportsman' mindset when that is the way they do it.

B
bigboy70
I couldnt believe how many people were out at 6 am saturday It was a joke saw the cars and kept on driving!

brandon4455
brandon4455
there are fish but there are probably 10 snaggers for every fish.

B
bigcat
Yep, lots of fish and tons of fisherman/snaggers. Went down last tue to Bonnie lure and walked down past the point to the snagger hole. Stayed for 5 minutes and left. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I was standing on top of spooked fish in 20" of water while trying to floss 1 in the "chops". Yeah people r dragging out limits 1 by 1, but it's being done by poor sportsman who think they're entitled to those fish by doing what they're doing. Sad.
When it rains, and rains heavily, it's going to be lights out in the canyon.

T
troutmasta
Why does everyone go there if they hate it so bad?

I love it and have seen many fish caught on bobber, spinner, even one on a jig in the last week-

I fished a hole today with a total of 4 people for 100 yards of bank- Saw one fouled fish, it was released safely-

oh ya......and caught a limit-

tight lines-

T
Troutslayerjenn
troutmasta said:
Why does everyone go there if they hate it so bad?

I love it and have seen many fish caught on bobber, spinner, even one on a jig in the last week-

I fished a hole today with a total of 4 people for 100 yards of bank- Saw one fouled fish, it was released safely-

oh ya......and caught a limit-

tight lines-

Well, that was my first time there and it was horrible. We even saw some guys trying to catch them with just a net! I had never seen anything like that before, granted I'm not a very experienced fisherman so maybe I just expected more out of people fishing as a sport. I am glad to hear that it's not always that way though.

T
troutmasta
Troutslayerjenn said:
Well, that was my first time there and it was horrible. We even saw some guys trying to catch them with just a net! I had never seen anything like that before, granted I'm not a very experienced fisherman so maybe I just expected more out of people fishing as a sport. I am glad to hear that it's not always that way though.

Ya go all the way to the river. Not the two log jam holes actually on the creek. I guess you just got to kind of weed through the BS.
Tight lines

G
gillplateforwad
Are you bobber fishing,on,the,clack itself

L
LawyerBob
I'm heading out there tomorrow after work. Was out there last Friday and was pretty surprised by how many people were working the log jam holes.

Light lead and corkies or small jigs under a bobber seem to be the name of the game at present.

G
gillplateforwad
I may head out after school today wanted to get my daughter into some coho

Admin
Admin
gillplateforwad said:
I may head out after school today wanted to get my daughter into some coho
Good luck! Catch a big one!

G
gillplateforwad
Sure we will catch. Several,i got a pretty good idea where to,go lol

D
dozer365
I went up thursday after work. Got there with 20 min to spare. Ended up not fishing buyer made a few calls and watched the circus. It is a very sad thing to see these fish so disrespected. A younger me might have done some bad stuff to a tire or two on my way home.

But I'm glad to say mark was out writing tickets.
After dark I personally watched numorus ppl walking out with more then a limit. Sickens me to have to share this addiction with scum like that.
It's a resource and a privilege that we will all lose. I won't be surprised if Bonnie lure is shut down. 30-40 cars up and down the road under no parking signs. Fish carcass everywhere. Snaggers. Flossers. Trash. Fights. Alcohol. Yeah I use that park as access and fish the river. Bobber and eggs or spinners and spoons. These fish are biting. No need to use a 7-10 foot leader and hook set every two seconds.

I can't wait for a good rain to free these fish. I don't mind fish being caught. That's what we are out there for. But like stated above. Actually blocking the river with ppl and dip netting!!! This needs to be addresses and policed by US !! If not the "MAN" will just punish us all.

Rant over. Now go find a biter!! And clean up after your selves and eachother.

Reactions: Big3d
O
OnTheDrop
dozer365 said:
I went up thursday after work. Got there with 20 min to spare. Ended up not fishing buyer made a few calls and watched the circus. It is a very sad thing to see these fish so disrespected. A younger me might have done some bad stuff to a tire or two on my way home.

But I'm glad to say mark was out writing tickets.
After dark I personally watched numorus ppl walking out with more then a limit. Sickens me to have to share this addiction with scum like that.
It's a resource and a privilege that we will all lose. I won't be surprised if Bonnie lure is shut down. 30-40 cars up and down the road under no parking signs. Fish carcass everywhere. Snaggers. Flossers. Trash. Fights. Alcohol. Yeah I use that park as access and fish the river. Bobber and eggs or spinners and spoons. These fish are biting. No need to use a 7-10 foot leader and hook set every two seconds.

I can't wait for a good rain to free these fish. I don't mind fish being caught. That's what we are out there for. But like stated above. Actually blocking the river with ppl and dip netting!!! This needs to be addresses and policed by US !! If not the "MAN" will just punish us all.

Rant over. Now go find a biter!! And clean up after your selves and eachother.

Well said DOZER!

D
dozer365
Thank u steelmonkiller