Winter steelhead!

C
colbypearson
alseaalumaweld said:
you mite be on to something there. when theres a lot of fish in the river anything will work! late spring or summer fish will bite anything its to easy!

i have only steelhead fished a couple times and every time i have caught one from shore, same with coho i dont know what im doing half the time but i know how to read the water lol seems to work!

A
alseaalumaweld
i know that thing would wack a coho! im getting can't wait to put a fish in the boat or have someone see me useing that thing lol

A
alseaalumaweld
i know you could get some on senkos. same thing as pink worms

C
colbypearson
alseaalumaweld said:
i know you could get some on senkos. same thing as pink worms

ya i had thought about that i might have to go all out bass style on steelhead and coho this year LOL

M
Mad dog
alseaalumaweld said:
is it just me or are other dreaming of winter steelhead. its oct heat of salmon season and all im thinking is winter runs! december please hury!

Focus man.....focus!!!! October is here, December is way over there....lots of stuff gonna happen inbetween!!! What happened to "If it's brown it's down!"???

I've lived most of my life looking forward to the next season, I'm just content living in the now! Life is short....enjoy it while you can!

A
alseaalumaweld
i put the brown down! trying to get my new 101 rip tide motor all hooked up. then going with my hunting partner the rest of deer season till we get him a booner buck. try and trow a fishing trip in there once or twice

M
markasd
Almost ready for winter. Not quite. Do love to swing leeches in that green water, not really knowing - but then watching these summers hit stuff is a blast!

brandon4455
brandon4455
markasd said:
Almost ready for winter. Not quite. Do love to swing leeches in that green water, not really knowing - but then watching these summers hit stuff is a blast!

didn't really get to target sumemrs this year, was too busy with trouts. but plan on hitting the salmon river again, my fav place. wish i could find streamflow info on it though. would make it easier caus id know when the damn thing is on the drop and not low and clear or raging and brown.

R
rippin fish lips
colbypearson said:
they hit it out of instinct but they have no knowledge or idea of what it is? hmm this might get tough, do you know if they may prey on smolts or suckers or pikeminnow on their voyage upstream?

In a previous report, i mentioned how i hooked a salmon smolt about 5 inches long. While realing it in i watched the jaws of a steelie open and take the smolt that was hooked on my lure. So i set the hook hard and had the steelie on for 3 minutes or so, yeahhh it broke my 6lb test and was one big ass hatchery steelie.

After experiencing that, i do think they eat smolts when back in the fresh water. Heck in my most recent thread "11th steelhead this season." I forgot to mention that, that fish had a 1" x 2" peice of wood chip in its stomach. They will eat anything that irritates the.

A
alseaalumaweld
budy got a winter last year with a white flip top plastic thing. inch by inch

H
halibuthitman
metalfisher76 said:
?please explain...

becouse I caught them all!! ahhhhaahhhaah aaahhhaahhah!

A
alseaalumaweld
you caugth them all too?

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
becouse I caught them all!! ahhhhaahhhaah aaahhhaahhah!

if you didn't want to go winter steelheading with me you could have said somthing instead of catching them all so i can't fish with ya :lol:

A
alseaalumaweld
i let them go. just mouths a little sore

O
OnTheDrop
WINTER STEELHEAD ARE MY FAVORITE!!! Ive been thinking a lot lately as i always do..Its time to tie up some jigs ! I get a 35 day break from school starting dec. 8th...Plan on being on my favorite rivers atleast 25-30 of those days!

A
alseaalumaweld
good luck! i hope the rains dont hit like last year and have the river blow out 25 days in a row. ya im ready bout a nother reel hooks and yarn. just need a day to tie up yarnies and all be in um!

A
alseaalumaweld
well dec 22 is the frist day of winter. so i guess im ready for fall steelhead :)

M
Markcanby
They will be here soon here is a early one a fellow OFFer caught on our trip to the coast. It was small but nice an brite.

Nestucca 003.jpg

A
alseaalumaweld
nov will have steelhead in all the rivers. with this weather and rain maybe early season will be off the hook!

A
alseaalumaweld
riged 2 rods up today got 6 more ready to spool up line. and tyed up yarnies im ready to fish!