First rain!!!

zrowe977
zrowe977
So first rain is here, and just in time for a kick ass run! i was in nehalem last weekend. it was producing pretty good came home with a 22 pounder.... anyone here how it's looking up around five rivers to helion?

O
OnTheDrop
zrowe977 said:
So first rain is here, and just in time for a kick ass run! i was in nehalem last weekend. it was producing pretty good came home with a 22 pounder.... anyone here how it's looking up around five rivers to helion?

its low, low, lowwww. This rain will bump the river a few inches. Wait until the next BIG rain and the fishing will turn on in the river.. There's simply not enough water for any amount of fish to be in the river yet.

troutdude
troutdude
^^^What he said. The first rain, will be all sopped up by the bone dry earth. But the next good rain...FISH ON!

P.S. Welcome to OFF--and good luck!

zrowe977
zrowe977
troutdude said:
^^^What he said. The first rain, will be all sopped up by the bone dry earth. But the next good rain...FISH ON!

P.S. Welcome to OFF--and good luck!

sweet thanks for the info! i will hold off until a little and get well prepared!

C_Run
C_Run
I just checked the NOAA forecasts ,probably the first time since March. It looks like Alsea will go from less than 100 cfs to a few hundred cfs over the next few days. That's just a benchmark for me...the Alsea. Maybe that will make the fish perk up.

hobster
hobster
Bring on the rain!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
"Only love can make it rain
The way the beach is kissed by the sea.
Only love can make it rain
Like the scream of a reel running out of line...
I need to feel the love of cool, cool rain!

Love, rain o'er me, rain over me, rain on me."

plumbertom
plumbertom
Maybe this would be a good place to go shore fish. I can dock fish just down river from Tidewater where the road crosses the river.

zrowe977
zrowe977
is this a privet dock? i was just asking a friend about good places to fish in tidewater without a boat. We were both at a loss

plumbertom
plumbertom
Yes, it's a private dock. Located at Barclay Meadow, on the edge of the Alsea.