Where would you fish on Saturday morning?

H
HookedonChinook
Hey guys/girls,

If you were to go fishing and you lived in the Portland NE, but have no boat. Where would you go fish?
Some people have told me to go to Sauvie Island on the Willow bar.

I have been here two years I'm pretty familiar with the area. Have my resident fishing license and gear.
Just 100% not sure of where to go for my first day out. The guy at the outfitter store out by Walmart
said that he went fishing this morning and caught a few. So Im hoping Ive got a shot.

I have a box of lures that was pointed out to me by some locals. Some Wiggle Warts and various
Plunk rigs.

Any ideas? :hi:

JD

A
adamg
I'm in N. Portland and have made this is my first season. I haven't begun tried plunking on the Columbia yet, I'm more interested in getting out of the city anyway. Both the Sandy and the Clackamas have lots of water to bank fish within 45 hr drive of te city (depending on traffic). There *are* fish at the mouth of the Clackamas @ Clackamette Park, haven't been further upriver since the fire started in Estacada so I don't know whats going on there. I've read and heard of fish being taken from the Sandy lately but have yet to see many myself (compared to the Clack). Milo McIver Park is my go-to spot on the Clackamas and I've been exploring Oxbow and Dodge Parks on the Sandy. Still honing my skills and haven't hooked anything yet, but I'm determined... Search the forums, you'll find all the info you need on each of them. Good luck.

T
troutmasta
I dont fish on saturday

S
Socaaron
troutmasta said:
I dont fish on saturday
I didn't know you were a 7th day adventist Troutmasta...lol

T
troutmasta
Socaaron said:
I didn't know you were a 7th day adventist Troutmasta...lol

Just a crowd hater.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
@Dabney from 7 to 1030 today saw 1 hookup below me that came OFF, also 3 came through the shallows while I was there pounding fast water.......:sad:

A
adamg
NWDiscer said:
@Dabney from 7 to 1030 today saw 1 hookup below me that came OFF, also 3 came through the shallows while I was there pounding fast water.......:sad:

oh, you missed me land my first salmon around 9AM-ish--native jack coho C&R. :)

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
adamg said:
oh, you missed me land my first salmon around 9AM-ish--native jack coho C&R. :)

:) were you at the logjam hole?

S
steelhead_stalkers
Unfortunately with no one working anymore the weekdays are just as busy! Last winter it seemed like it was a ghost town on Saturday fishing the Alsea. :D

T
troutmasta
rogerdodger said:
looks like more people are working and more people are fishing! win-win

21bqjdd.jpg

I'm still staying home on Saturdays!