Winter steelhead!

A
alseaalumaweld
is it just me or are other dreaming of winter steelhead. its oct heat of salmon season and all im thinking is winter runs! december please hury!

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive been thinkin about winetr steel on my favorite coastal river since august. have yet to land one but i love fishing when it's cold outside and the water is high and fast and has that bluish green tint to it.

A
alseaalumaweld
ya guess im cumb cause i loves me some raining day steelhead. 2 more months!

P
plumb2fish
winter steelhead are extinct......

M
metalfisher76
?please explain...

C
colbypearson
even im excited to go catch a few!

J
JeannaJigs
You're dreamin' of winter steelhead 'cause you can't catch a salmon ;) or at least I haven't seen any reports of such a thing happening. Ha ha haaaaa.....

Seriously though. I'm looking forward to December. I don't like summer fishing, at all...I look forward to winter every year with retarded anticipation.

A
alseaalumaweld
winter steelhead are extinct. damn global warming

A
alseaalumaweld
colbypearson said:
even im excited to go catch a few!

steelhead bite swimbaits?

C
colbypearson
alseaalumaweld said:
steelhead bite swimbaits?

Is that a challenge? LOL, im sure its possible they catch them on crankbaits not sure its a good pattern but im sure it can happen!

R
rippin fish lips
Im lookin forward to my first year of winter steelheading! Hope i canatleast get a hook up for my first year :p

A
alseaalumaweld
id like to see you get one on a swim bait

C
colbypearson
alseaalumaweld said:
id like to see you get one on a swim bait

hmm gonna be hard to find one that will run true in the currents of the rogue but if i go i will try it out, what do steelhead think when they are eating crankbaits, or flatfish or spoons, like what are they thinking they are eating?

A
alseaalumaweld
lota guys that wana work to hard and row a boat all day like to plug. your forceing the plugs at the fish. its just like bass its a reaction bite same with spinners and spoons

C
colbypearson
alseaalumaweld said:
lota guys that wana work to hard and row a boat all day like to plug. your forceing the plugs at the fish. its just like bass its a reaction bite same with spinners and spoons

they hit it out of instinct but they have no knowledge or idea of what it is? hmm this might get tough, do you know if they may prey on smolts or suckers or pikeminnow on their voyage upstream?

A
alseaalumaweld
if you could get a realy flasky swim bait i think you could get a fish. or one with a bill and back troll it

A
alseaalumaweld
well lots of people say they wont eat once in fresh water. but they will eat what ever comes in fronta there face. yes they will eat small fish

C
colbypearson
TTMISS-CBL-1.jpg

I will try it out i am gonna try this one i think its only 4" but still a little swimbait i guess lol i will weight one to sink like a rock so it wont rise in the current and im gonna fish it from shore lol i want to say i will get a steelhead on it but who knows. Watch im gonna learn to swimbait fish steelhead and get some trophy LOL

A
alseaalumaweld
you mite be on to something there. when theres a lot of fish in the river anything will work! late spring or summer fish will bite anything its to easy!

A
alseaalumaweld
i migth have to get into my old mans bass boat and see if hes got one of them and try that thing out myself! bass and steelhead! i like it