Tenmile coho

M
mikeredding
I understand there is a Coho run here but have never known anyone that has fished it. Anybody have any stories or info from Tenmile Lakes?

Reactions: Drew9870
T
thefishinkid
A few years ago in november i was trolling for trout in front of the south lake boat ramp, probably 20 minutes in to the day we hooked a 10 pound silver on a wedding ring. We threw it back of course, but it was a hell of a fight on a trout rod!

M
mikeredding
Oh wow, on a wedding ring. Must have been a heck of a surprise.

D
Drew9870
Seems like Jeanna and/or Thuggin has posted a couple reports on Tenmile.

Maybe that was Tahkenitch.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Drew9870 said:
Seems like Jeanna and/or Thuggin has posted a couple reports on Tenmile.

Maybe that was Tahkenitch.

Probably Tahk. Doesn't seem to be much of any activity on the Tenmile page.

T
Thuggin4Life
Don't quote me but it may have been closed in recent years. I think they opened it this year and its on the quota system. Same tactics as siltcoos and tahkanitch I would say just have to find them and and figure out where they go and how they get there.

M
mikeredding
Thuggin4Life said:
Don't quote me but it may have been closed in recent years. I think they opened it this year and its on the quota system. Same tactics as siltcoos and tahkanitch I would say just have to find them and and figure out where they go and how they get there.

Yeah, I think this is the first year or maybe last year. There is a lot of water there so I was just hoping to find some info of where people have caught them in the past.

T
Thuggin4Life
IO would fish nere the inlet an d along the banks and the near the outlet. specially the near points that get in the way of a straight path to the upper end were the home water spills in. Also then head up and fish around the home waters. Im sure you kind fins out what creaks they go up and and where they come in and use google earth to make a pretty good battle plan. I might even make one and share with ya if i get bored.

M
mikeredding
I am getting a pretty good idea online. Just curious what other people have experienced. It seems that there have been many occasions of Ho's being caught by bass fisherman.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah i was thinking the same thing... better just go bassin out there.lol

P
Pete Heley
Stream flow is the key factor as to how quickly coho salmon are able to reach Tenmile Lake. During some dry fall months, I have observed coho salmon swimming into the fish trap where Eel Creek, a Tenmile Creek tributary, leaves the lake as late as the first week in March. During normal years, there is seldom enough water to get decent numbers of cohos into Tenmile Lakes, where they are legal angling fare, until at least late October. Of course, everything depends upon creek levels. One good thing is that the sand bar where Eel Creek enters Tenmile Creek no longer blocks fish passage up Tenmile Creek.

T
thefishfinder
a few family members, freinds and myself have caught many coho in the ten mile lakes area. ive caught them while fishing steelhead in the creek. there is a nice little trench in the lake where they go.

C
catchallthefish
i never caught a coho but my friend did she was set up for panfish with salmon egg treble hooks and worms chunks and hooked into a 18 inch coho and the old guy next to me caught a beauty 24 inch idk what he used ..