Golden Gardens

D
dalehalsey
ne one know anything about this place? really want to wrestle with a bass, never caught one before.

Capture.PNG

B
Blackdiamond1983
Seems you can fish there. Unfortunately I was unable to find more detailed information.

T
TTFishon
Yeah, it's open to the public. Bass, bluegill, catfish, crappie, and lots of carp.

D
dalehalsey
TTFishon said:
Yeah, it's open to the public. Bass, bluegill, catfish, crappie, and lots of carp.
I went there and nada no bites no nothin just carp sitings .i nd a boat.....

L
lildannigurl
dalehalsey said:
I went there and nada no bites no nothin just carp sitings .i nd a boat.....

Curious what bait or lure did you fish with? I went to Henry Hagg yesterday not much luck, just a few small bass.

D
dalehalsey
lildannigurl said:
Curious what bait or lure did you fish with? I went to Henry Hagg yesterday not much luck, just a few small bass.
i tried worms for bluegill and crappy no luck. i tried rooster tails,spinners, jigs, crank bait, spoons, etc.. for bass no luck. i tried carp rig for carp no luck. tried power bait of all sorts.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Iv only fished there a couple times but id try using white bread and corn for the carp. If you've never caught a bass before I could help you out...

100_2301.jpg

D
dalehalsey
would love the help never caught a bass or carp. itchin so bad . the ms. and i have only ate trout and i want to deal with something with more fight and spirit.

L
lildannigurl
Thanks for the info....same thing w/ me at Hagg....but all the bass I caught were just to small to keep...lookin for a good pond/lake for Bluegill and crappy....I'm from Arkansas and I fished tons for those and miss em lol also a big fat bass would be awesome

J
justoldjim
crappy and blue gill

crappy and blue gill

If you have a boat you might try Fern Ridge res

J
justoldjim
Bass

Bass

I have caught lots of bass in CA. but have been in Oregon 30+ years and can't seem to find them. If you are offering help I have a 15" Smokercraft that needs some use

D
dalehalsey
justoldjim said:
I have caught lots of bass in CA. but have been in Oregon 30+ years and can't seem to find them. If you are offering help I have a 15" Smokercraft that needs some use

I have been looking for a fishing partner for help with bass and a partner with a boat , so looks like we have a party of 3 :)

L
lildannigurl
justoldjim said:
If you have a boat you might try Fern Ridge res

Wish I did lol...funny enough that's my destination tomorrow on my way to the coast...I'm restricted (atm) to shore line fishing but I found a couple spots on Fern Ridge that look accessible. I'll post my success/failure :blushing:

Thanks for the advice;)

T
Throbbit _Shane
justoldjim said:

We'll have to get out in your boat!! I'm more of a pond guy but have caught some nice ones in some of the local lakes. Dorena has some really nice fish, can be tough at times but the quality of fish and scenery make up for it.

If you two are interested give me a message with your phone number and days your able to fish and we'll get out. Right now into Oct. is the time to be out there before the water cools off.