Oh man what a weekend!

A
autofisher
big silver.jpgsilver one.jpgone in the boat.jpgside of the boat.jpgfinished product.jpg

Got the opportunity to go out and fish Buoy 10 the last two weekends with some extended family. The first weekend, I was just happy being there. We fought a bunch of fish but the only thing I took home was a broken and bent spinner.
The next weekend was a different story. It started off soggy and kind of crappy, but the later afternoon paid off.
There are so many stories to tell and so many great memories that I'll wait for a more fitting time for them. Just happy to have a full freezer and a smile on my face. I came home with about 40lbs of salmon meat, sore arms and legs, and sore back. Totally worth it

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
Very nice!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Annnnd...I get some fresh salmon steaks, too. My mouth waters just thinking about it! :) I swear I could literally hear the smile in his voice when he called to fill me in. :D

E
eugene1
Good going.

You might want to look into Vac packing your fish and ditching zip locks. Lasts longer, better quality.

Best,

O
OnTheFly
Best carp I've ever seen!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Glad you made that second trip down there and caught some fish. It's been one of those years where some days are hot some are not.

C_Run
C_Run
Nice. It's great to get out there and get some quality fish in the freezer, too.

A
autofisher
The zip locks' are the vac style freezer bag. They work pretty well for how long I'll have the meat in the freezer. It has the hand pump to suck all the air out.

H
halibuthitman
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work, and a good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing.. And beer is always nice... When it taste like salmon scales... All facts- good job man

D
DrTheopolis
When the top of the beer can reeks of fish and slime -- is the best.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
A
autofisher
It was a great time, and something that I truly needed. The two weekends out there was an experience like no other for me. Over all, it has greatly improved my attitude and rekindled a fire that had died down in recent years. I know I still won't be able to make it out to the water as much as I used to but I will most certainly be making more of an effort to at least get out there and make a splash or two. I just hope the better half knows what she signed up for when she said she wanted me to go fishing more.

T
troutmasta
OnTheFly said:
Best carp I've ever seen!

Obviously a Northern Pike Minnow in spawning colors

Auto- Nice Chrome Bud!

A
autofisher
Thanks guys. It really was a great time. My mom just picked up her salmon steaks and I'm guessing that she's going to make short work of them. Can't wait to get into some more fish.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Congrats on that looks like a great time!

Y
youngbuck307
We got to fish together when I come home!!! Only 11 more days and ill be there!!!