Little blue drifter

G
GDBrown
I'm back in the garage with the sander and the varnish making the "Little Blue Drifter" look pretty again. I had to remove all the hardware and sand OFF the old varnish. A little more sanding and I'll be ready to make the bright work bright again. I'll post a few photos later today.

GD

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Sweet Gene, look forward to the finished pix. Glad you got your boat back, and you're getting her back into shape.

R
RunWithSasquatch
I love boats, can't wait to see it all spiffed up.

A
alseaalumaweld
i love boat and hoes

L
lilsalmon
Remember...you said you wouldn't put it up for sale until I have a job and a savings account again...hehe...JK...have fun on the refurbishing, she is a beaut.

R
RunWithSasquatch
lilsalmon said:
Remember...you said you wouldn't put it up for sale until I have a job and a savings account again...hehe...JK...have fun on the refurbishing, she is a beaut.

Im ready to start a bidding war.

A
alseaalumaweld
maybe a poll? and a biding war?

R
RunWithSasquatch
No more polls for you. haha

A
alseaalumaweld
o why not? a poll on if i should get polls? i can't wait for the pics of this boat

J
JeannaJigs
Hey gene when you're done with the little blue drifter, I'll bring up my big white drifter and you can beautify her as well :) (sounds like an amazingly splendid idea to me)

Don't even know where to begin with my boat...I look at it and get overwhelmed lol. Important thing is it floats, and stinks of fish blood and chinook slime...I guess the ugly is a theft deterrent right?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
It already was a beauty! What happened to it? Hope it doesn't take too much work. Remember what your doctor said....lol

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
It already was a beauty! What happened to it? Hope it doesn't take too much work. Remember what your doctor said....lol

The people that bought it, never used it, and it sat outside :( sad times.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
JeannaJigs said:
The people that bought it, never used it, and it sat outside :( sad times.
Oh NO!! :shock: After all that work!? :doh: :doh: Sad,very sad indeed. :( Sorry Gene.:think:

G
GDBrown
Here I Go Again!

Here I Go Again!

For those who don't know about the "Little Blue Drifter" it came into my life looking like this:

MyDB-before.jpg

After much time and effort it looked like this;

MyDB-after.jpg

When I got it back the best of it looked like this:

Weatherdamage.jpg

Now I have it back to bare wood like this:

AfterFirstSanding.jpg

By the end of the week it should look about three fourths the way between the best and the worst. I just don't have the strength in my hands to spend as much time on it as I once was able to do. I will continue to post photos as the project continues.

GD

G
GDBrown
I ended up buying a few sanders to make things easier and now the project is almost done. I only have to varnish a few more areas with a second and third coat and it will be ready for the water again. I'll post a few photos when finished so you can see how it turns out.

GD

L
lilsalmon
way cool, Gene. Can't wait to see the finished, re-finish. I am sure she will look as beautiful as she did before.

T
Thuggin4Life
so crazy how this entire situation has gone. great work you did so i doubt the second go around will be anything less.

G
GDBrown
On The Water Again!

On The Water Again!

Well I did get the "Little Blue Drifter" out on the water again today. I went to Hagg lake for a few hours of dragging flies and wedding rings. I caught 8-9 fish all together but left them all in the lake. No photos of fish because I just can't handle a camera and a fish at the same time and be gentle about it.

The Lake was Glass smooth most of the time as you can see.

DSCF1003.jpg

And the boat looks just about like it did before I sold it the first time......

DSCF1001.jpg

L
lilsalmon
awwwww Gene, she is back on the water......very good job. :clap::clap::clap:

You can tell that this is a man who really loves his Little Blue Drifter.

Last edited:
W
waco
Wow you have done a fine job on that boat!! It looks beatiful!!