Missed it by that much...

S
Scotsman70
Time: 7am
Where: Milo McIver

And me...Hooked two...Lost same two :sad: :sad:

Agony and suffering, wailing, and shame...

Those were the words of the day...

But as a fisherman I know in my heart of heart that redemption is just one more cast... away :)

Until next time

Sharp Hooks and Tight Lines

C
ChezJfrey
Well, for what it's worth, just the other day I lost my last summer hookup too...in the same park. We'll get 'em next time :)

S
sapo
What were you using?

S
Scotsman70
Thanks for the sympathy.

To: Sapo
RE: What were you using?
Answer: #5 Buds chrome spinner, on the first fish and a very cute hot pink corkie and matching yarn with just a touch of anis oil, for the second.

D
DrTheopolis
#5 is awfully big for current water conditions (but it worked for you) in all but fast, deeper runs. And the nickel finish is awfully bright for all but first/last light. Tone it down and you'll hook up more.

C
ChezJfrey
DrTheopolis said:
#5 is awfully big for current water conditions (but it worked for you) in all but fast, deeper runs. And the nickel finish is awfully bright for all but first/last light. Tone it down and you'll hook up more.

Yeah, I didn't want to be a naysayer, because, well...it worked in this instance. But I tend to agree that for summer, in all but the dimmest conditions of very early or very late day, I would avoid #5. In fact, #5 Buds is one of my winter weapons when the water temp is in the 40s.

Must have been a super aggressive, angry fish to attack a 5 this time of year :)

S
Scotsman70
Thanks again for your thoughts on the matter, but alas, still it worked. Cheers.