Deer starts Saturday!

C
capblack
how do you get them out on a cart?? 2 yrs ago i left my truck about an hour before daylight and hiked down a road that i thought was locked from both sides, i ended up getting a buck about 3 miles in but i saw trucks close to where i was and was able to mark it with my gps and find my way back with my truck. guess i would have had to quarter it to get it out.

R
RunWithSasquatch
quarter and go...it doesn't take long

A
alseaalumaweld
**** carts and quartes that $hits for flatlanders! we bone them out in feild i can fit all the meat in my backpack to 90 pounds off a deer. trow horns on too and go

A
alseaalumaweld
i dont quarter i dont wana pack bones outa the woods. go it down to a hour to bone one out and be walking agin

C
capblack
how do you age them in a cooler after they are boned out? last elk i got i quartered, and it was about 6 hrs from when i put him down until i was on the road, but i was alone

R
RunWithSasquatch
You and your 5 dollar knife.

A
alseaalumaweld
with all the roads now a days and logging if you know where your at some time you can just drag them hole over a hill or down one and get to a road you can drive that sure does make it easy

A
alseaalumaweld
put them in tubs or use your fridge works great! all never hang anything outside agin

A
alseaalumaweld
victorinox knives rock! all give you one next time i see you. there the best knife in world and only 5 bucks

C
capblack
alseaalumaweld said:
**** carts and quartes that $hits for flatlanders! we bone them out in feild i can fit all the meat in my backpack to 90 pounds off a deer. trow horns on too and go

if i added 90 pounds to my pack and tried to hike out of the areas i hunt, someone would have to pack my sorry dead a$$ out on a stretcher

A
alseaalumaweld
ha im a long leged ****er deer packing fool!

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
victorinox knives rock! all give you one next time i see you. there the best knife in world and only 5 bucks
I want one.

A
alseaalumaweld
i hunt in in the ****. just walk locked loggign roads but been in a cayon i fell over backwords trying to hike outa a few years ago haha

A
alseaalumaweld
all hook you up with a bood free one. i had a new one but it good some use this morning on the way lol gona go get 4 new ones tomorow remind me for one

A
alseaalumaweld
capblack said:
if i added 90 pounds to my pack and tried to hike out of the areas i hunt, someone would have to pack my sorry dead a$$ out on a stretcher

i got my 10x50 lupys on neck a knife in pocket and emptey pack and the spoting scope shoveind in it i try and go in lite. some time packless for good luck and that fun trip back to the truck. pulled some all nigthers before ha. that 6pm shot then the walk back to get packs then back to deer then back to truck

C
capblack
alseaalumaweld said:
i got my 10x50 lupys on neck a knife in pocket and emptey pack and the spoting scope shoveind in it i try and go in lite. some time packless for good luck and that fun trip back to the truck. pulled some all nigthers before ha. that 6pm shot then the walk back to get packs then back to deer then back to truck

im confused, if you dont bring a pack sometimes, where do you keep the beer? my pack starts heavy, and gets lighter. i might be doing something bass ackwards

A
alseaalumaweld
haha no beers for me

R
RunWithSasquatch
Fall beers? Mine are always in at the truck in the cooler waiting for my return.

H
halibuthitman
alseaalumaweld said:
guess everone has there idea. i can go rite behind everone and get a big buck. all about spoting

definitely!

A
alseaalumaweld
12 hours and all be on the road to the woods!