Big king

S
speycast73
Fished for a couple of hours early on 8/16 and got 2 back to back. Went back on the the 23rd, slept through my alarm, yet limited out again in 2 1/2 hours. One of which weighed in at 33 lbs. There's fish on the finder. Seems like the season is starting off hot!

• IMG_2157.jpg
S
Socaaron
Fantastic Fish!
If only you'd caught them Spey casting right....lol
Just teasing nice fish I can't wait to get out

jamisonace
jamisonace
My boys and I fished for a couple hours on the 23rd. We were in a blue north river drift boat between 1and 3 pm. Were you out there at that time? We picked up 1 nice 21pound hen.

E
eugene1
Good fish, welcome to OFF.

troutdude
troutdude
Great first post! Well done; and welcome to OFF.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
outstanding. the river is getting even for me after last year, I have put in 8 solid days so far, lots of pre-sunrise launches, been fishing from the jaws to RR bridge, and until 2pm this afternoon, I had not seen even a single fish hooked or netted. I saw 2 smaller chinooks caught this afternoon below Cushman. that is how it goes sometimes...cheers, roger

S
speycast73
Thanks for the welcome! I was out there from 8 to 10:30. I was in a drifter with a 9.9 so I am not always motivated to venture that far. All my fish were caught between the bridge and the boat ramp. Although, I have done a fair amount of crabbing down by the coast guard station this year and have seen a few fish on the finder there. I would say up till now they seem to have been concentrated between the boat ramp and just below the bridge. I can't speak for higher such as Cushman. I have started to see boats trolling up there though.