Saturday morning lower Clack

C
Callaway
hey all,
so i went out this morning to a spot with a good tailout on the lower clack
water was really clear and clean i could see all the way across underwater and didn't see a single fish, didn't hear any jump or swirl around anywhere and had no action on the bobber.
just thought id throw my little report out there sorry its nothing fabulous
-callaway

S
Scotsman70
Steelhead Dreams

Steelhead Dreams

I'll go out on a limb here and venture to guess it was DAMN COLD:D:D

Hope you were armed with a flask:D:D

As a wise man once said..."Time fishing does not take away from a man's life"

Tight Lines Sharp Hooks

H
halibuthitman
Scotsman70 said:
."Time fishing does not take away from a man's life"

Tight Lines Sharp Hooks
it will if the body falls below 80 degrees for very much of that time!!!!

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Callaway said:
hey all,
so i went out this morning to a spot with a good tailout on the lower clack
water was really clear and clean i could see all the way across underwater and didn't see a single fish, didn't hear any jump or swirl around anywhere and had no action on the bobber.
just thought id throw my little report out there sorry its nothing fabulous
-callaway

*Very* similar report from the Sandy today. I think it's going to be another few weeks before the action really starts.

M
mezzfin
I was on the lower Clack, too, at 7:30. Nice water, no fish. Ice clogging up the rod guides! I was the nut wading :) Saw 2 folks bobbing from the bank.

C
Callaway
im pretty sure we were the two nuts on the bank you saw
i didn't see anyone else out there but one guy wading downstream from the bridge a lil bit im guessing that was you
saw two guys coming in with waders and fly gear as we were leaving dont know where they ended up fishing
we had the same problem with ice on the guides, that was a first for me haha

H
hunt-fish-trap
lemon pledge sprayed on ur guides the night before works great on keeping the ice off, also reel magic. also a great spot on the lower clack is the hole above high rocks. I park behind safeway and go under the bridge. Both the upper and lower end of the hole have produced great numbers in the past

D
dozer365
i know a few other spots above safeway. and the look great. not sure what i should be using though. and fyi im pretty sure u risk gettin towed if u dont watch where u park. the side street next to safeway is only 30 feet farther and no risk as far as parking

H
Herefishyfishy
My buddy and I drifted the Clack Saturday from Feldhiemer to Barton. Beautiful day, beautiful scenery but the water was so gin clear the fish could see us coming a mile away. No bites, nothing seen and no luck from anyone we saw. The water was so clear that if I put on my polorized glasses and leaned over the bow it looked like we were floating on air over the rocks; the rocks and the BEER CANS! There are a lot of beer cans in that river!