Used a whole bottle of wood shampoo today!

N
nwkiller
story tomarrow, super tired just thought id tease alittle..........
100_0226-1.jpg

A
alseaalumaweld
i opened a case of whoop ass today!

H
halibuthitman
I didn't think the state let anyone keep enough fish to even use the cap in one day! lol look forward to the post-

N
nwkiller
lol, ok ur your right it was more of bottle that your hotel shampoo comes in.....group of us went 9-14 ho's and nooks...thats the story...hitman ruided it...jokin

A
alseaalumaweld
i get my shampoo at cosco im ready to use the big bottle!

R
RunWithSasquatch
You guys are terrorizing off those rocks down there, love the posts!

N
nwkiller
alseaalumaweld said:
i get my shampoo at cosco im ready to use the big bottle!

lmao

N
nwkiller
RunWithSasquatch said:
You guys are terrorizing off those rocks down there, love the posts!

good hatchery year this year, last year was crap, tons of nates...plus the small nate season, been a great year...thanks

H
halibuthitman
on second though, I believe that is a whole bottle! sheesh! ya know there are some folks up river who might want to at least see a fish!

C
CoastieFlo
yeah thats great half moon really putting out some fish eh cool.

N
nwkiller
The day was like any other day at the Oregon coast, rain, wind, and big ass waves. Talked to another fisherman who said Thursday the waves were breaking on the main road...and that was a 5.5 tide, today was to be a 7.0 tides....hope for no man killing waves today...definitely a day to keep your eyes on the water and not stray to far away from focus. Got there, and got all of our spots marked so that no one will take them, obviously its still to dark to fish or the hardware would be flying. Tide was coming in , was pretty much at fresh tide, so game on. Not many waves to start the tide, she was coming in slow, which mean good holding in the pool. With a lot of fish came a lot of seals. They were posted at the exits and entrances even out in the deep, waiting....not for a group to swim by (there were "non-knowing" juveniles chasing around groups of fish) but to prey on the first victim of a fisher mans hook. First fish came early around 7:30, tide was still pretty low.
100_0271.jpg
second fish was a nice little jack Chinook...sorry not to many pictures today, the weather was really bad and the action was really good.
next fish was a nice 9 lb buck Coho
100_0272.jpg
my buddy got to tag a native....ODFW said they would be surprised if the native retention would go until Wednesday.
Next fish was another nice ten or so pound Coho. Great fight ran around for a bit jumping and splashing.
Then my buddy hooks up.....enter seals. Fish jumps out of the water tearing off through the water stripping line, then a known figure of a spotted rolling back appears on the waters surface. fish jumps again...this time near the net man, my buddy does the good ol' all or nothing pull...awesome net job getting that fish in.... my buddy didn't want to tag this fish, it was a small 8.5 pound native Coho, but the seal had gashed the side of the fish and part of its gill. It was heavily bleeding and wouldn't make it...so he filled his quota of natives (1 a day, 2 per year).
Next fish was a guy down the way that had a big nook on, the fish started to run down the line(combat fisherman) he ended up having to run UP the rocks to the road and ran about 50 ft from his original spot. while trying to get the fish under control, a seal snagged him, tore line and broke him off.
Next fish is a cute little guy...somewhere around a 2.5 pound jack coho...oooohhhhh little precious lol j/j.
I'm standing on a high rock and out of the corner of my eye I catch this image...a decent wave hits the rocks, as the wave breaks a seal appears not 2 ft in front of my friend somewhat beached sense the wave rolled away, and the damn thing had a "up caught" salmon in his mouth...talk about an insane sight, by the time the next wave rolled in and crashed it was gone...only three of us saw it.
Next fish is a 9 pound buck. You could tell right away by his the hook on his snout. Another fish hook up and its another big nook, but there is already a problem...the fish is green and there is already a seal on his ass...its called the scream and pop...its were you basically try and pop the fish off so it can possibly get away from the seal...cause you ain't catching it!!....now a midway fight seal appearance is doable...not right off the bat...
untitled-1.jpg
The next fish came to the Birthday guy....he hooked into a nice 11 pound native Coho to go on his tag..Happy birthday to JD!
Yet another hook up, its another 9 or so pound Coho. got this one in pretty quick so it wasn seal bait. Bite really died down after around 12:30 around 4:00 I hooked into a nice fish that thrashed around for awhile..all i could think of was seal...then the hook popped out...
The day was crazy...seals made it extra crazy, They were on point ive never seen them get so many fish.....enjoy

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks for the photos dude... I love how salty those fish are. Mint.

J
JeannaJigs
Yet another epic day at the slaughter hole! Super nice fish!

A
alseaalumaweld
thats for sure

N
nwkiller
thanks

P
plumb2fish
Looks like a great way to spend the day. Nice pics and story

N
nwkiller
thanks plumb2, now if i could just rock a limit of nooks like you did id be even happier...goin down tommarow