Umpqua or Siuslaw

F
flipper
Welp, I have vacation days off for Monday and Tuesday (26th and 27th). Soo, I will be salmon fishing for 4 straight days :dance:

Only problem is I'll be bank fishing :( I've never banked off the Siuslaw before...would anyone know which river I should hit for banking? I know some spots for the Umpqua, at least.

Also, will be camping out there as I am from the valley. Need to find a nice/cheap or free campsite to base up in!

J
JeannaJigs
Not much bank accesss on the Siuslaw this early in the game, not enough water to get them upriver to the bank access. I don't know any bank spots on the umpqua, 'cause i've only been there a handful of times with a boat. Looks like there's been guys gettin' 'em from the bank on the umpqua though.

F
flipper
Yea, the couple of times I've been out on the Umpqua from a boat I've seen where the usual fishing spots are from the bank. Probably hit those up. On my first time out this year on a boat, saw some guy pull in close to a 30lber from the bank...and that was back in late part of August.

D
DYJ
Isn't it the Winchester Jetty that NWKiller has been fishing at? Even if it is not, that is where's I'd go....

F
flipper
DYJ said:
Isn't it the Winchester Jetty that NWKiller has been fishing at? Even if it is not, that is where's I'd go....

Yep, that's where I intend to go :)

D
Damon79
There has also been a number of fish pulled out of the Slaw all the way up to the confluence with Lake Cr.. Not sure how many fish are up there, but there is enough to catch them.. Just head up river from Mapelton and pull off in any of the wide spots along the road that dont have some one in them.. If there is a place to get off the road, guaranteed there is a fishin' hole..

F
flipper
Thanks for the info Damon79. I might just hit some of those areas up on my way back home to Eugene/Junction City :)

N
nwkiller
whoa...no fish down there...hahah j/j i wonder if that 30 pounder u speak of was my buddies dads..not sure though there has been a handfull of pigs caught on the rocks. if i was you id snuggle in next to the locals, and toss some pink

N
nwkiller
and no keeping salmon past the forks on the slaw....acually not sure about ho's, anyone chime in?

J
JeannaJigs
Same rules apply for the scrappy hos, no going above the forks!

N
nwkiller
thanks Jeanna

R
rippin fish lips
Winchester jetty it is! I have been thinkin about going there to make a bankin trip either on the slaw or the qua. But it's hard to do when u have a boat and got friend with the boat.

Tryin to figure out what will produce best for that day is the hard one!

F
flipper
rippin fish lips said:
But it's hard to do when u have a boat and got friend with the boat

Wish I had that problem! :lol:

T
Thuggin4Life
I would hit both! But mostly the umpqua anywhere a bove tidewater and since its been mentioned. deffinently hit the jetties.

rippin fish lips said:
Winchester jetty it is! I have been thinkin about going there to make a bankin trip either on the slaw or the qua. But it's hard to do when u have a boat and got friend with the boat.

Tryin to figure out what will produce best for that day is the hard one!

totally broke but have bait and most of a tank of boat gas. sunday is wide opne. was gonna fish saturday but **** came up,

F
flipper
Hooked into a 8lb. coho this morning :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
N
nwkiller
nice work, what u get it on, love how they fight off the rocks...im headin down tommarow

F
flipper
#6 size pink Blue Fox. Caught him off my trout pole heh.

P
plumb2fish
way to go flip....light gear too boot....sounds like a blast