Best Gear for Salmon Fishing

J
jd15
What is the best gear for salmon fishing? Anyone know?

P
plumb2fish
dupont spinners....

P
plumb2fish
OK, seriously it depends on where you intend on targeting them....lower tide water areas, trolling bait or lures...upper tidewater areas, bobber roe/shrimp or flat lined quickfish wrapped with your choice of bait.... lower rivers...roe/shrimp bobber or drift fished, quicks or hardware...mid and upper rivers same as lower rivers adding diver and bait of choice to the mix...at least thats what I use....I'm no expert, but have caught plenty of salmon this year.....

troutdude
troutdude
Early season before we get much rain and/or cooler temps...an all black size #3 spinner is deadly! I use 'em in pockets above tidewater areas. Especially good in dark / overcast / foggy conditions.

I make my own, and get components from Don Green @ Fisherman Shack in Airlie ('twixt Monmouth & Corvallis just OFF Hwy. 99W). The blade & body are black. I also put a piece of black tubing over the hook shank. It's a Jed Davis spinner design.

It seems ironic that black works that well, but it does. I've used 'em for well over 25 years.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Check out all the info in the techniques and the salmon forums. There may even be a tutorial or two. Good fishing to you.

A
alseaalumaweld
tide water , trolling bait or kwikfish wrapped rivers...roe/shrimp bobber or drift fished,kwikfish diver and bait of choice to the mix.