Screaming reels

A
alm21
We took our friend's boat out for it's inaugural tuna fishing trip this last Saturday. Launched out of Hammond in the dark for a bumpy bar crossing and rolling seas for the day. Ran about 35 miles out until we found the deep blue 65 degree water. Managed to catch my first-ever tuna while reeling in when my buddy had a fish on. Got it on video with some cool underwater shots. I got a lot of video that day so I'll be editing up some more footage. Bite died off so we headed in around 2p and then quickly got our coho limit. Exhausting day but always a great adventure.

BD7BE41D-F057-4D51-BCC0-A17B8B579ED8_zpshyl2c4rp.jpg

S
sapo
Nice! Amazing pics, nice job on the coho! I can't even catch one salmon :lol: lol

A
alm21
sapo said:
Nice! Amazing pics, nice job on the coho! I can't even catch one salmon :lol: lol

Thank you. Catching coho out in the salt is nothing like trying to catch a salmon inland. They're feeding out there so the fishing can be fast and furious.

E
eugene1
Nice combo trip there, alm.

Good work,

T
troutmasta
Nice Alm, Those are some toad albacore.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Now that's the way to have fun. Tuna, salmon and a great trip out on the ocean. I saw the Aquaholic down at Hammond the other day. Nice looking boat and built to handle the big water. Hope you guys get out on Saturday the ocean is looking good 2' swells at 14 seconds.

A
alm21
They went out yesterday and did alright. I wasn't able to go and he had the rookie crew. After one of them chummed the big water, they went in and finished the day off. I'll be fishing out of it on the 18th and 19th. Hopefully, we'll be whacking some big nooks!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Good thing you had the day off the boat. The ocean was very sporty. The predicted 2' swell at 14 seconds must have been ment fo Miami not Oregon. It was all rock and roll.

B
bythesea
great catch !!! the tuna seem so big this tear or I can't find the little one's :thumb:

B
brewer
Nice video like the dub style music. Looks like a lot of fun.

T
troutmasta
I always tell my wife about how beautiful the ocean gets when your in the "tuna water".

Just realized there was a video and watched it. Amazing. The water looks Beautiful!