Trading skills with the grandson

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yesterday moring the ocean was flat and the bar was good. I took my son his son and daughter along with my wife out for a bite of coho fishing. I put my grandson on the wheel at the rear steering station. He is 12 and had a ball trying to keep a compass course, while steering the boat. I thought it was great because my son and I could work the rods and when we had a hook up one of the grandkid would bring in the fish. I showed him the chart plotter and how it worked along with a few othere things. Today he sat me down and showed me how to do a lot of things on my cell phone. I had know idea there was so much you could do with a pone. Now I have the Tides by me app! It was a good trade, fishing and boat information for how to use a smart phone.:)

Reactions: bigsteel
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a great trade! I'm sure he will be a proud captain and remember yesterday forever. :thumb: Kids nowadays are so far ahead of us in the electronics arena, but then, they cut their teeth on these smart phones. My first cell phone was not only not smart, it weighed in around 2.5 pounds. We've come a very long way! I'm sure your own grandfather would be amazed at your skill with the chart plotter and such as you have on your boat today. Good job, Grandpa! :peace:

Irishrover
Irishrover
It was fun he got a lesson on how to filet a salmon and I learned how to down load apps. This arrangement is going to work out well.

C
CoastalMoe
What a pleasure it must be to be able to bring the whole family out fishing with you... Sounds like a great day... I always love learning new things no matter what it is...

M
mikeee2362
Can I borrow him when I get my new phone??

Irishrover
Irishrover
Not until he finishes hooking my lap top up to my big screen TV! What these kids know.

O
OnTheFly
Be careful what you wish for Lonn. Those phones can do more than you think. My daughter can take control of our television with hers and God only knows how they work on boats!

Irishrover
Irishrover
OnTheFly said:
Be careful what you wish for Lonn. Those phones can do more than you think. My daughter can take control of our television with hers and God only knows how they work on boats!
It's scary how much a 12 year old knows about know about that stuff. I think I'll keep an eye on that lad.

B
bagold53
Sweet Trade

T
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
My kid at the start of summer was using his smart phone to show me how fast we were trolling and allowed me to adjust my speed until we hit the sweet spot . He shakes his head and grits his teeth every time he sees me pull out my little flip phone . Im holding out for the model that acts like the ones on Star Trek . Just tell it what you want it to do : )

Irishrover
Irishrover
I need to ask one of my grandkids how that works. Sounds like a great idea.