New PB smallie!

T
TurnerBassin91
So Saturday morning the 18 I went out to Lost Creek to pre fish for a tournament that's coming up next weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised. I pull up to my favorite point that I have done real well on in the past. I make my first cast a couple feet away from the boat to make sure I didn't catch a fish first cast because I am superstitious. I make my second cast straight off the point and make four cranks of my reel and I get drilled. The fish immediately started swimming towards the boat so I had to catch up with it, and almost lost it. Luckily I had good strong line and solid hook in em and I was able to boat my new PB smallmouth, a beautiful 6lb 6oz slaunch, that engulfed my swimbait. What's even cooler is that the cast right after that fish I hooked into a 3lb largemouth. Ended the day with the best five at 17.42 lbs. Not a bad day at Lost Creek.

Reactions: Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang! :shock: Those are some tubby hawgs! Congrats on the PB,looks like you have a darn good chance in that tournament. :clap:

T
TimberTodd
Nice fish. Good luck in the tournament.
Todd

H
Hendo30
Awesome Job TurnerBassin91, I love to hear the storys. Thanks for sharing with all us dreamers and good luck in your Tournament.

C
ChezJfrey
That is a massive smallmouth! Nice job.

H
Hawk
Great Job Bro's.
Beautiful lunkers.
I've always liked Lost Creek.
Best of Luck with your Tourney.

:clap::clap::clap:
:cool::cool:
:D:D

N
nwkiller
wow, what a pig!

troutdude
troutdude
Crikey! Now THAT is a smallie!!!

T
TTFishon
Nice smallie dude!!!

C
colbypearson
PIG Kevin! im superstitious about the first cast also! haha

S
sherman
Wow I'd be stoked to land a 6lb smalley. I bet it put on a good fight.

troutdude
troutdude
Many peeps don't get a hold of a 6.6 # bucketmouth...let alone a smallie that size!