steelheader19
any reports of coho on the sandy river yet? thanks
steelheader19.

A
Airs98
Still slow as far as I know

I
idahojeff
Ya...I have heard of a few caught...but slow. Come on rain!

M
MetalHead
idahojeff said:
Ya...I have heard of a few caught...but slow. Come on rain!

Dunno about the Sandy, never fished it. But the Willamette Falls counts indicate the Willy is warm and the Columbia IS warm. The coho counts compared to last year's counts show far less numbers at this time. Only a few hundred counted so far this season compared to over a thousand last year at this point in time.

G
GDBrown
On the Columbia near Portland there are plenty of fish to chase. The latest fish counts at Bonneville showed 12,000+ Adult Chinook and 5,000+ Adult Coho. That is the daily count not the total for the season! So I'd say there are plenty of fish in that river right now. By the end of next week it may be a different story though as the "Kill Nets" are going in on Monday and again later in the week, all the way from the mouth to Bonneville.

GD

P
paulages
Do you know what time they go in Monday? I am planning to fish the mouth of the Sandy Monday afternoon... I hope that's not a futile effort.

G
GDBrown
Gill Nets

Gill Nets

I don't remember but they talked about it on "Outdoor GPS" this morning and said they had the information posted on their FaceBook Page. You could try looking there.......

Edit: Here is a link that gives the information you need.

Gill Net Notice from ODFW

GD

Last edited:
S
steelheader19
thanks for post mght hed up next sat

C
chrisohm
Gill nets are lame. Legal or illegal. It would mean more fish for us to catch, more fish could make it through to spawn and it could make some rivers a nice silver color... Just my lame opinion.

P
paulages
I was at the 42nd st ramp today as two gillnetter boats were launching... they were supposed to start fishing at 9, but launching at 5. ??? I commented that tomorrow's fishing trip will likely be a bust and he commented, "we can't catch ALL the fish..."

Last time I went out after the gillnetters did their slaughter, there wasn't a single fish on the finder and not a bite to be had...