Senior project

W
willdye
I'd like to do my senior project on fishing but I don't know what to do it on yet. Should I do it on different ways or baits to catch fish or different ways of catching trout and bass? Where I live the fishing isn't too great. Maybe catch about 2 or 3 fish. Sometimes I won't catch anything. I live in Oregon City and I'd like to do most my fishing on the willamette river like in the pockets up towards Canby or in the sloe right before the bridge to enter gladstone. If I fish near gladstone I won't catch anything at all. I'd like some help knowing if there's any great fishing spots around here for either trout or bass to do my senior project on so I actually will catch fish and not have to fail this class.

Thanks for the help:)

Will

Gunga
Gunga
Yo i did mine on fishing lures! Get some 1 inch wooden dowls and carve them into top water baits! Thats what i did. Or try making your own rod from a blank. Or try organizing a small fishing tournament. Or even try to organize a drop off box for fishing supplys for the less fortunate.

Reactions: Raincatcher
W
willdye
Okay thank you for the ideas :) that would be pretty easy fun to do. I like all of those ideas! The fishing tournament would be really cool. I just don't know where I could do it and the fishing around where I live isn't too good. I might makes the lures because that would be a really nice fun way to do something. I just don't know where the bass or any trout are feeding right now. But if I find a place i'll most likely do that. Thanks for the help:)

Gunga
Gunga
Bass love structure. Try getting there early in the morn. and when it gets hotter in the day try soft plastics. The bass will a lot of the times be more lethargic but not always. And when it gets dark try plugs and reaction baits. like top water poppers crank baits spinners things of the sort!

W
willdye
Is this all the same for river bass too?

W
willdye
The other thing is that I need a mentor and idk any people who could do that for me. Would someone with a fishing license technically be counted as a registered mentor?

A
alseaalumaweld
ha good stuff!!! i did one on steelhead fishing back in the day