Lights out fishing

A
alm21
Spent two days at the coast. First day we fished and crabbed out of Garibaldi. Seas were big and the bite was tougher going 1-4 on coho but limited on crab.

Next day we went out of Ilwaco and it was even better than last Sat. We limited in 3.5hrs with 12 clipped and 2 wild (last weekend ratio was 11 clipped and 1 wild, releasing one clipped because we limited on a double). Doubles and triple pandemonium yesterday. If you have an opportunity to get out and salmon fish in the ocean, do it.

8EC7B77A-F39F-40F9-AF64-BC76940730D2_zpsyhjq2g9d.jpg

8908568E-1F85-442D-8BF9-9EB3444B74C0_zps5pelc125.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent!

E
eugene1
What a great year for silvers.

congrats, alm!

Irishrover
Irishrover
It's the truth alright those silver are thick off the mouth of the Columbia. My wife and I crossed the bar at 6:30 motored out to the red number two buoy and started fishing. In an hour and a half we brought 6 fish to the boat four clipped and two non clipped. The majority came on a pink hoochie with a small silver spinner blade. The silvers other option was a anchovie, and that landed two of the fish. We were out about fourteen pulls. The ocean cooperated with about zero wind and nice roller spaced out very well. Pictures will come after my nap.

A
alm21
That's great Irish. You know the fishing is hot when the wardens search your boat at the take out. We've been fishing anchovies. Some with a flasher or dodger and some just straight diver and anchovy. Last weekend I did well at 30ft on the line counter. This weekend I went to 18ft on the line counter and was getting more action than the other rods until they adjusted. Then again, when fishing for silvers, shallow is the ticket. The fish are getting bigger too. They're growing fast as they're a bunch of little piggies with full bellies.

T
troutmasta
Awesome stuff guys!! Big time jealous!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Here are some pictures. The famous "CR" buoy really just an old whistle like many up and down the coast complete with sea lion. The other is my first mate at the rear helm working us into some fish. The first picture is the killer pink hoochie rig that worked very well today. No pictures of the mediocre silvers. It was a fun day.

C_Run
C_Run
We watched the dories come in at Pacific City this weekend. Lots of silvers caught there as well.

hobster
hobster
troutmasta said:
Awesome stuff guys!! Big time jealous!

For sure. I've never tagged a coho, hope to get down to the jetty in Winchester when they come in, never been there but its probably my best shot at banking. Those are beautiful fish, great job!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Big change on the ocean.......they went for green hoochies today instead of pink.......I can live with that, and the ocean was nice and flat today no wind an other good thing.

Last edited:
S
sapo
Sweet! Making me jealous