How many hours you fish during a fishing session?

How many hours you fish during a fishing session?

• 1 hour

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 5 hours

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 7 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 7 hours

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
I
igquick
I'll probably only put an average of 1 hour believe it or not.

T
TTFishon
Usually all day.

I
igquick
Dang, yall fish more than me seriously!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I always plan for all day but it doesn't always happen.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
it depends how long it takes to limit/tag out...some days, especially during wild coho season, can be very short...

T
Throbbit _Shane
It depends on the location for me. If i'm fishing in town and didn't drive far. I'm happy with fishing an hour or less. If I have to travel I want to spend a good amount of time fishing. On the umpqua ill fish sun up from sun down.

T
troutmasta
Usually all day, but I dont mind bacon and eggs at Alice's Counrty Kitchen on Hwy 6 at 8:00 am with a trunk full of Nook.

Jus sayin-

D
DrTheopolis
troutmasta said:
Alice's Counrty Kitchen

Ate there for the first time in several years last week.

Can't go wrong with Alice's.

And I'm pretty much with Shane -- if I'm in SE, I can hit the Clack for a half hour and be happy. If I drive anywhere out of town, might as well make it an all day effort. If I go with my buddy out in the Big C, then one outgoing tide cycle is plenty to sit in a small boat.

P
protourist
I fish many more hours than I catch.

T
trouthunter
From Dawn to Dust a day on the River or the Lake you can't get much better than that unless you have the right company with you

E
eugene1
igquick said:
I'll probably only put an average of 1 hour believe it or not.

1 hour? dude, I thought I was a lightweight with 4 hours.

Those carp must bite pretty good if you can leave satisfied after just one hour. Haha.

I
igquick
Wow you guys fish a lot! You guys are like 3 days a week literally all day. I wish I could do that.....

@Eugene1 It all depends, but last week I was fishing every day for an average of an hour each, but this week I could see me ending the week with more than 20 hours of fishing.

When I first started plotting out patterns when I started fishing for carp, my catch rate was on average one fish per 2 hours. I went more detailed in the rigs, the carp patterns per lake, when they bite, what is the best rig for each situation, what season, and what water within my "fishing notes" which made me expect to catch AT LEAST a fish per hour. It's a lot of work, but at least you don't have to wait long when you fish and you know what to expect.

1 nut in the water
With 16 hours of daylight this time of year it is a real waste of time not to spend at least 10 hours of it on the water.......
I document each and every fishing trip and last year it came to 172 days on the water- Addiction- really not such a bad thing!

I
igquick
1 nut in the water said:
With 16 hours of daylight this time of year it is a real waste of time not to spend at least 10 hours of it on the water.......
I document each and every fishing trip and last year it came to 172 days on the water- Addiction- really not such a bad thing!

Definitely going to use that as my excuse!