Bass, crappie, and kids

EOBOY
EOBOY
Missed a day on the Clack with Jon T and another member to take the kids to Hagg. Rosemary left at 7:30 to get the kids and I went to get them Rods. Figured since it was their first time they should have their own. We loaded the canoe and headed out. After a knot tying class and explaining what the lead was for we went down to the water to practice casting and getting hung up and unwinding line from the end of the pole. And more knot tying class. I knew my Father was looking down and saying what goes around comes around Son.

In between tying knots and unwinding wrapped rod tips I didn't notice I was getting a bite. By the time I noticed a little Small Mouth had swallowed the hook deep. Abby was all in to C@R and she tried valiantly to revive it. I knew it wouldn't make it. About 1:00 we went up to eat and I started to real in when I got a hit and caught a Crappie. Never caught a Crappie plunking with worms before. I put it on a stringer and we ate when we walked back down to the water Abby started playing with the Crappie. Then one of the OFF guys walked up The Bass Wizz Kid.

Anyway Andrew was ready to get in the canoe. And I rigged them up with Jigs and Bobbers. (more knot tying and rod tip unwinding). Rather than having them cast I just had them hold them over the edge while I cruised close to the bank. Well they caught their first fish. I have to say it was one of the best day's fishing ever.

• abbi's 3rd.jpg
  • andrew's 1st.jpg
  • crappie.jpg
Reactions: rogerdodger
D
Dillonewolf
Hey I caught a 1.5 pound smallie after you talked to me today looks like you had fun

D
Dillonewolf
This is the 1.5 lb smallie I caught today on a kvd 1.5 square bill in chartreuse sexy shad color
uploadfromtaptalk1405572684685.jpg

EOBOY
EOBOY
Wolf it was nice meeting you. I watched you fishing down the bank toward us and you were working it I told the kids watch him he knows what he's doing. Good job!

Dana

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
EOBOY said:
Missed a day on the Clack with Jon T and another member to take the kids to Hagg. Rosemary left at 7:30 to get the kids and I went to get them Rods. Figured since it was their first time they should have their own. We loaded the canoe and headed out. After a knot tying class and explaining what the lead was for we went down to the water to practice casting and getting hung up and unwinding line from the end of the pole. And more knot tying class. I knew my Father was looking down and saying what goes around comes around Son.

In between tying knots and unwinding wrapped rod tips I didn't notice I was getting a bite. By the time I noticed a little Small Mouth had swallowed the hook deep. Abby was all in to C@R and she tried valiantly to revive it. I knew it wouldn't make it. About 1:00 we went up to eat and I started to real in when I got a hit and caught a Crappie. Never caught a Crappie plunking with worms before. I put it on a stringer and we ate when we walked back down to the water Abby started playing with the Crappie. Then one of the OFF guys walked up The Bass Wizz Kid.

Anyway Andrew was ready to get in the canoe. And I rigged them up with Jigs and Bobbers. (more knot tying and rod tip unwinding). Rather than having them cast I just had them hold them over the edge while I cruised close to the bank. Well they caught their first fish. I have to say it was one of the best day's fishing ever.

excellent, our love of fishing from boats started 20 years ago when our boys were about that age and we had a 17' alumicraft canoe, having the trolling motor/sonar really make it fun! have you done any trolling from the canoe? cheers, roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
rogerdodger said:
excellent, our love of fishing from boats started 20 years ago when our boys were about that age and we had a 17' alumicraft canoe, having the trolling motor/sonar really make it fun! have you done any trolling from the canoe? cheers, roger

Dodger yes I have. I got an Electric motor this spring didn't use it yesterday, I need to put my #'s on it. Sure missed it! This spring as I was going from A launch to the Dam I threw out a Rappala Crawdad and couldn't believe I picked up a nice Trout. So now I throw something out as I move from one area to another. I'v even picked up Bass while trolling.

C
CrappieCrazy
Awesome..!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I was going through the pictures Rosemary took and thought this was worth sharing.

C
coyo7e
lol "what're you lookin' at, punk?!"

W
WillametteT
Just getting into the rod and reel fishing thing and wanted to say great post! Looks like you had a lot of fun and the smiles say it all.

EOBOY
EOBOY
coyo7e said:
lol "what're you lookin' at, punk?!"

Yeah isn't that a cool pic? I wear Poler sun glasses and I didn't know she was taking pics.