Fishing ABC

F
fisherdood
Had a great day today at ABC. caught 17. Gave most away and released the rest. Caught 2 14 inchers.

Caught 3 before they stocked using Lemon-Lime Power Eggs. Then after they stocked changed over to Rainbow Power Nuggets.

0710141203.jpg0710141025b.jpg

G
grampa ron
I used to do the same thing until I talked to the law. You got lucky the cop didn't catch you giving so many away. Every fish you kill counts on your limit.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
grampa ron said:
I used to do the same thing until I talked to the law. You got lucky the cop didn't catch you giving so many away. Every fish you kill counts on your limit.

correct. however, while fighting the fish, you can hand the rod to someone else and let them land the fish and keep it as part of their limit, that is just fine...cheers, roger

F
fisherdood
That's exactly what I did rogerdodger.

My sons were with me and I let another little kid next to us pull one in, he was very excited and his parents thanked me.. It was fun..

0608141448.jpg

Last edited:
D
dalehalsey
where do they stock at ? ODFW says stocking tomorrow? do you know about when they stock the canal. Jonesen for some trout...

F
fisherdood
The schedule you see online only shows the "week of date". So if it says the 28th it could be any weekday the week of the 28th. In this case from another post, it looks like Thursday this week.

C
coyo7e
Except for special events and holidays such as free-fishing weekend, they tend to consistently stock most places on the same day/time. ABC is Thursday at 11-12ish, near the back of kowloon (on the opposite side by that outflow grate), near the dog park parking lot, and (I assume) farther up in/around the pond.

I used to bicycle commute through there when I lived at Duck/Chase Village, and would see them there pretty much to set my watch to, outside of special ODFW family events, and holidays (then they seem to hit it Mon/Tues).

D
dalehalsey
so is it thurs , or mon,tues? " ABC is Thursday at 11-12ish," "(then they seem to hit it Mon/Tues)"

S
Scote113
Thursday from maybe 10-11 is when they will stock it , be there a little early to get a decent spot.

Reactions: fisherdood
F
fisherdood
This photo was taken on Thursday the 10th at around 11AM.
Also you will see right where they dump most of them. I talked to
the ODFW guys and they were saying they dumped a few at a couple other
locations on the canal but most of them get dumped here.

stock001.jpg