First time on the North Fork

M
mezzfin
Been stalking these boards for about a month and got the courage to hit the North Fork of the Middle Willamette. Spent about 4 hours on a 3/4 mile stretch and caught this 12" bow in a deep spot. Snapped this pic, sent her on her way, and the next cast hit another 12" bow. Wow - a great start!

I
idahojeff
Nice fish dude! Welcome to OFF!

troutdude
troutdude
Nice first post. Welcome to OFF.

S
skunk
Very nice, welcome to OFF

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish bro! pretty colors! welcome to off!

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce fish. Glad you signed up. Thats a great secton of water if you put your time in.

W
waco
Nice fish!!!! I love the color!!!!

H
halibuthitman
right on! a new guy and he brought pictures... and a report! welcome home-

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

M
mezzfin
Thuggin4Life said:
NIce fish. Glad you signed up. Thats a great secton of water if you put your time in.

Going to need to put some time in, for sure. Apart from this 10 minute bonanza, that leaves 3 hrs and 50 min of skunk!

G
GrillMaster
How far up did you try, this is one low pressure body of water.

M
mezzfin
GrillMaster said:
How far up did you try, this is one low pressure body of water.
lol, good point: I think I could't wait any longer and we started fishing around MP 3 or so on 19. I guess there are another 30+ miles I could try :)

G
GrillMaster
mezzfin said:
lol, good point: I think I could't wait any longer and we started fishing around MP 3 or so on 19. I guess there are another 30+ miles I could try :)

Oh to be sure, the further up stream you travel the better the catching:dance::cool:

M
mezzfin
GrillMaster said:
Oh to be sure, the further up stream you travel the better the catching:dance::cool:

I was nymphing a prince w/an indicator, trying to get down pretty deep where I could (4-5 feet). Sound like a decent plan? I realize fishing noon -4pm ain't exactly prime time.

brandon4455
brandon4455
excellen fish...gorgeous colors.i reallllyyyy want to fish there