Going to Laurance Lake this weekend..

E
eggs
Taking the kid (leaving the wife home to watch Friends and eat ice cream all night) camping Sunday up at Laurance Lake and staying the night until monday afternoon. I have never been there but have heard good things.

Taking the boat, poles and flies. IrishRover has told me good things about it and need to knock it off the bucket list.

First solo camping trip with the kid. Wish me luck.

If anyone wants to join let me know. Tips are welcome as well.

-Erin

F
flyonthehood
I live about 15 mins from Laurence, always great fun to be had, fishing is always great on the fly, usually use an array of various caddis this time of year, and love the look on the "anglers" faces as I keep pulling them in while they stand there and watch lol Hope you have a great time!

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhh man. GOOD LUCK! I hope you get some fishing in!

brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck! never been but was considering a trip this year.

might want to prepare for lots of company as some guy,for some reason posted about the lakes bull trout on pretty much every fishing forum that includes oregon so its going to have lots of attention.

dont forget to take some photos! love looking at the bulls :)

S
Smellsfishy
How was the trip?

I'm sure you had plenty of company, as every body of water within 2-hours of Portland was packed this weekend. I drove my jeep all the way up to Badger Lake on Sat afternoon seeking small crowds.... even that little remote lake was overcrowded.

E
eggs
There was only 1 other group there Sunday.. Thunder chased everyone off according to the camp host. We had the whole lake to ourselves. Fishing was good, but spent most of my time teaching the kid how to fish.