First rod builds

C
Combat Chuck
I finally got comfortable (picky) enough to start building some fishing rods. Back in the spring my brother got into a big Howard Prairie rainbow using my ultra lite. This was his last trip home before leaving the country. He had so much fun with that fight I knew what needed to happen. My first rod was a 5'6" cabelas ultra lite. I read all I could and it came together fairly simple. Its been tested and is a blast on the trout. Its ready and waiting for his return home :D After building my confidence on that rod it was time for mine. I used a 7' Cabelas IM7 blank rated at 8-12#. I got my components through mudhole including the set of spinning mico guides. I chose to make it 'stealth' with all black components. It is very sensitive, casts a mile and is the most accurate rod I own :cool:. I couldnt be more happy with how these turned out and both nailed fish on their first outings. I may never buy a built rod again!
005.jpg004.jpg0903110924.jpg
0903110916.jpg003.jpg

H
halibuthitman
very nice!

I
idahojeff
Good on your sir! Good looking rod too! I like the Red, white and blue. Looks like you might have a new side job.

R
RunWithSasquatch
You're a pretty cool brother!

Thanks for sharing us your rod, looks nice.

C
capblack
nice work, i bet you get an extra big grin when you land a fish on a rod you built :clap::clap:

S
skunk
Cool build, I need to try that someday.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Nice Build..................Buying a Factory built rod is history now..........:clap:

troutdude
troutdude
Jealous. I wish my brother would build some rods for me! Good on you.

Nice design. I like the red, white, and blue too.

G
GDBrown
Nicely done, very nicely done.

I'm available for adoption! :lol:

GD

P
psguardian
That's a nice looking set up. I'm going to have to build a rod for one of my kids. Approx how much did these two run you?

~psguardian

C
Combat Chuck
The trout rod was 30-35 total. The bass rod ran closer to 80 because of the nanolite micro guides and im7 blank. The blanks cost $20 and $40.

P
psguardian
That's not bad at all! Thanks for sharing. I think there may be long skinny christmas presents for the kids this year lol.

~psguardian

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice looking rod.Cool that you explored this option and i bet your hooked now.