Intel on Cross Park

R
ReelDeel
I'm sick of not catching fish on the Sandy so I'm going to give the Clack a try for the first time tomorrow. Any intel on Cross park? It's the closest to where I live in Hillsboro, and I'm trying to avoid the 1 hr drive to mciver.

B
Big3d
I've been down there quite a few times, never caught anything but pikeminnow. I'd say a vast majority of the water in the area is hardware ready if you have waders, if not there are deeper pools, but lots of sandy bottom in them. Good luck, wish I could tell ya more! Good luck

R
ReelDeel
Thanks for the info.

I ended up going just to scope the place out. There were lots of people enjoying the sun on the banks but only one other guy fishing. The other fisherman said he saw a chinook and a steelhead pulled out earlier that morning around 7 AM.

I tossed out some eggs under a bobber and some drift rigs but I didn't get any bites. I may have been fishing a deep sandy bottom hole though. The other guy was casting hardware and he wasn't getting bites either.

O
OrygunSon
Might be a little late in the year for Cross Park. It's pretty close to the mouth. I believe most of the fish are further up in the system. (Carver and above) I may be wrong, but that has always been my experience come July. Best of luck though and let us know how it goes!

M
mikeee2362
This is second hand info, but several steelies were taken yesterday on the Clack just above the 99 bridge.