Wilson River help

F
FG_Fishing8
Not much experience with summers... Not really sure what to use. I went all day fishing my normal bobber and jig that I would use during the winter but the confidence isn't there like it is with winter fish. Wondering if I should float a sand shrimp or throw dark spinners like I've been hearing.

B
bagold53
I havent targeted Summers on the Wilson but if your normal Jig isn't working may try various other colors on the Jig.

D
DrTheopolis
The Wilson is a tough fishery for summers. First light is always your best bet, and the keys are light gear and small presentations -- very small, and dark, non-shiny stuff is best.

Fish the heads of holes (only place with any cover this time of year), and where the surface is broken/riffled.

Then, get mad at the Wilson fish and head to the Clack.

F
fishtales
Like what was said before, go small... and maybe try a lure. First light is pretty good fishing and can be a feeding time for the fish.

I try and fish around where there is a feeder stream comming in to the river. The water seams to be a little colder and the fish like that as the day gets warmer.

D
DrTheopolis
fishtales said:
I try and fish around where there is a feeder stream comming in to the river. The water seams to be a little colder and the fish like that as the day gets warmer.

Couldn't agree any more.

N
nevadaman12
If you get STS magazine take a look at the June-July issue. There's an article by Scott haugen that explains various approaches to try. He also explains how the water temp affects summer fish and where they will hold in the river. It helped so hopefully there will be info there that can help you as well