Fly pattern recommendations for Siletz?

A
at1a5
I'm new to fly fishing in Oregon, and will be fishing the Siletz in a few weeks.

Any recommendations on fly patterns?

I believe we will be targeting summer steelhead and sea run cutthroat if there are any.

Any other tips/tricks will be welcome.

Thank you everybody!

brandon4455
brandon4455
for the steelhead (if swinging) i would use anything black or purple with an egg sucking head. egg sucking moal leech,egg sucking marabou tube,small egg sucking intruder. nymphind an egg sucking stone with a rubber legged possienbugger on the dropper will do good.

for trout (depending on where you will be on the river) i would just toss #12 stimulators or nymph with a possie bugger and pheasant tail combo. if you are down low where the river is wide and the runs are broad i would swing a spruce,muddler,or borden special.

F
Fishing Master
Hello,

I need some recommendations too... please help.

Thanks a lot :)

A
at1a5
When we were there a couple weeks ago the were no steelhead or sea runs yet. We caught plenty of small trout (or steelhead juvies?). We caught them on typical flies, yellow bodied elk hair caddis dries, prince nymphs and pheasant tail nymphs. Good luck!

808steelheader
at1a5 said:
When we were there a couple weeks ago the were no steelhead or sea runs yet. We caught plenty of small trout (or steelhead juvies?). We caught them on typical flies, yellow bodied elk hair caddis dries, prince nymphs and pheasant tail nymphs. Good luck!

I've gotten a couple Siletz summers on #6 McMillan steelhead caddis, just hanging in whitewater pockets. Fun to see them come up and grab the fly on a short line!

Todd