Farewell mi amigos

O
OnTheDrop
Well, as some of you know, I'm heading to Alaska for the next two months. I'll be helping a lodge out and doing some guiding and pretty much living the dream up there. Honestly, I'm most stoked about fishing for the HUGE bows with my fly rod that are feeding on Salmon flesh and eggs. Although, seeing a 50,60,70lb King would be pretty epic too.

Despite the numbers of Springers/Summers around these past few months we've been doing pretty darn good. Haven't really made a post in a while though. It's been consistently good with our best outing hooking around 6 on the Clack. It's still fishing decent too, so get out there on any river that has summers/Nooks. This is often a time when people give up, but there's still fresh fish moving in.

Any who, as many of you know, this Fall Chinook run is going to be epic once again. We did darn good from the Tillamook areas ( My favorite ) down to the Alsea and Siuslaw systems in the drifter last year. Come September when I get back I'm going to be fully licensed and insured to run trips for this magnificent run. After the first rains in late Sept. to early Oct. it's game on until December. Double digit days were common on the right river level days last year.

If anyone is interested to hone in on some skills or learn more about these Chinook and talk fishing all day stay in contact with me. We will primarily be running divers bait/Kwiks, Back bouncing, and bobber fishing out of the drift boat. As of now I'm thinking 170$ a person or 300$ for the two front seats filled for a full day trip.

A few from last year: OFF.jpgOFF2.jpgOFF3.jpg

Anyways, stay in touch all, and keep the lines tight around here while I'm gone! :peace:

Last edited:
Reactions: igquick
E
eugene1
Have a good time up there and stay in touch. OFF is only a click away!

Best,

troutdude
troutdude
Good luck up north. But think 100 lb. King!!! Set a new world record for us; and show 'em how Oregonians get 'er done!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Woo Hoo!! :thumb: Have a blast up there and don't forget the bear and skeeter repellent! Hopefully, you will post weekly/biweekly reports for us. :D

T
troutmasta
Later Tanner!

I'll get at you when you get back.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
bears? we don't fear no stinkin' bears! have a great trip and fall season when you get back...

brandon4455
brandon4455
I was going to say, i hope you are back in time for fall! you need to come fish with us on that little mid coast river that barely gets any fish back ;)

good luck up in alaska, seeya upon return!

I
igquick
have a good and safe trip!

O
OnTheDrop
brandon4455 said:
I was going to say, i hope you are back in time for fall! you need to come fish with us on that little mid coast river that barely gets any fish back ;)

good luck up in alaska, seeya upon return!

I fish it in the drift boat in Tidewater areas to the Glass... It's much more productive than that tiny little portion of river ;) You and Rose can hop in the boat anytime.

O
OnTheDrop
rogerdodger said:
bears? we don't fear no stinkin' bears! have a great trip and fall season when you get back...

Well, they do call me bear bait...

Good luck on the Slaw.. What, 6 1/2 weeks until the herring start spinning? It approaching quick.

A
alm21
Have a blast up there. Stellar Fall fishing will be waiting for you when you return.

F
FG_Fishing8
I may have to take a trip with you when you're back. I've got some learning to do.

O
OnTheDrop
FG_Fishing8 said:
I may have to take a trip with you when you're back. I've got some learning to do.

Get a buddy and I'll cut you guys an OFF deal. Stay in touch.

M
mikeee2362
Have a good one !....Jealous!!

D
Dizle
I would be up for a guided trip with you!