What type of fish can I expect to find?

F
Fishermen Jim
What types of fish can I expect to encounter on the Siuslaw River near Camp Lane?

E
eugene1
I had to look it up in google maps.. 15761 Hwy. 126, Walton, OR 97490

Nooks and coho for sure. They go way past there to spawn.

As far as what you can fish for or keep, not sure if retention is open up there. Check the regs and stay safe.

Best,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I honestly do not know what you would find right now, we have fall chinook and coho, plus winter steelhead, and later this summer the sea run cutthroat will start heading in...I do not know if the are many trout in the river up by Camp Lane, down here in the tidewater we are just gearing up to start crabbing and should have our first chinooks in late August...cheers, roger

F
Fishermen Jim
Thank you for your response... Well, I see that Florence is 28 minutes from the camp... How is the fishing off the Jetty? Or the surf in the area?

E
eugene1
Jim,

When are you going?

Fishermen Jim said:
Thank you for your response... Well, I see that Florence is 28 minutes from the camp... How is the fishing off the Jetty? Or the surf in the area?

F
Fishermen Jim
eugene1 said:
Jim,

When are you going?

4th of July weekend, Thursday-Sunday.

T
TTFishon
I'm going to guess resident cutthroat and pikeminnow.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Your best bet is to hit the lakes in the area for bass,trout,pikeminnows and pan fish. i can tell you that there is not much happening on the "slaw" in summer.

P.S. you can even rent boats on mercer lake.

Good Luck

1 nut in the water
Hit the deeper fast water anywhere around there and you will catch a ton of small native trout......

J
JeannaJigs
Lots of crawdads...that's what's in there. The river is a trickle around there during the summer. During the fall it's closed in that section