Boating on Trillium lake

W
WATERKL39
Are electric trolling motors allowed on this lake? Any info on what is and/or is not allowed would be great!

troutdude
troutdude
According to the Oregon Marine Board site; motorboats are prohibited on Trillium. Plus Trillium, is NOT on the "electric motors only" list. So, I'd have to say no motors at all. But, you could call / email and verify with the OSMB.

B
bagold53
From what I understand Trillium is human or wind powered boats only. wind powered meaning the wind blows you around weather you want it or not.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
No electric or gas power allowed. Drift boats, pontoons, rafts, inner tubes, float tubes, paddle boards, kayaks and canoes are fine. It's a small enough lake that you don't really need more power than you can provide yourself. Good luck out there, it's a beautiful lake.

S
Seahawkfan
Raincatcher said:
No electric or gas power allowed. Drift boats, pontoons, rafts, inner tubes, float tubes, paddle boards, kayaks and canoes are fine. It's a small enough lake that you don't really need more power than you can provide yourself. Good luck out there, it's a beautiful lake.

Raincatcher, you are right about no motors of any kind on the lake but if you've ever been on that lake when the wind gets to 15 mph or over(which I,m sure you have) you may wish you had a little help. I've been there several times in my 12' aluminum and in 17 foot canoes where I wish I had some help:worthy:. That said I'm glad they don't allow any type of motor as it ads a certain something to the lake. Good luck to you guys fishing it tomorrow but save a few for me. I'll be up there camping for 4 days in 2 weeks.