Crane Prairie bass?

S
srando1
HI guys! A buddy and I are going to Crane Prairie next weekend to try and find some bass. It is both of our first times to the lake and wanted some direction on where they might be hiding this time of year? From google maps, it looks like the northern shore where all the timber and creeks will be a good place to start? We don't want to drive all the way from Salem just to get skunked. Thanks for any input!!!

Catch and release!!

F
FishFinger
The log jams along the west bank are a good bet, great habitat.

Having been said my dad and I visited CP about 2 weeks ago and the angling was not so epic. Perhaps the water temp wasn't quite warm enough to spur a lot of action. We faired about the same while hunting bucket mouths @ Wickiup.

Be very careful at CP the number of dead heads just below the surface was frightful. The 10 mph speed limit will save your prop and lower unit.

Good luck, let us know how you did.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Srando1:

I would be interested in going over there for Bass. When are you going?

EOboy

S
sunsalem
Please remove every bass you catch...we will be indebted to you.;)

S
srando1
Thanks for the knowledge of stumps! So the bass are mainly towards the dam and west shore? We will be there early on the 28th through mid day Sunday. I hear seknos are the bait to use there? Thanks again!

troutdude
troutdude
sunsalem said:
Please remove every bass you catch...we will be indebted to you.;)

All of us avid trout fisherpeeps agree!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Don't let anyone persuade you to keep anything unless you want to eat it. Big bass are nasty tasting anyways. Good luck and tight lines.

F
FishFinger
"I caught you a tasty bass"

Napoleon DYNAMITE!

S
srando1
I need help on where to find them if I am even going to have a choice of keeping them lol.

F
FishFinger
I would suggest launching near the dam and work that water first. There after head west and try the log jams. Stock up on weedless hooks or rig up Texas style. Fishing the jams will require casting over floaters to water deep into the wood pile.

J
JimBob
Please remove any bass you catch, and catch as many as you can!

S
sunsalem
JimBob said:
Please remove any bass you catch, and catch as many as you can!
Well said, sir.:thumb:

G
grampa ron
Bass a great to eat!