New to the site

E
elkhntr09
Hey all im new to the site from klamath falls, wondering if you can float the crooked river in a drift boat? planning on fishing it this year around july thanks for your help.

T
TimberTodd
can't answer your question, but welcome to OFF. I am sure someone here can give you some info.

P
perfectg03
I can answer your question...NO.

For one thing there is absolutely no need since the river is accessible the whole way from the road. Besides that it gets very skinny with a couple spots that a boat couldn't fit through.

T
timmay
I've seen people floating it for fun on inner tubes but definitely wouldn't float it for fishing in anything

E
elkhntr09
Ok thanks for your help. I just want to find some new rivers to fish this summer and I have seen where guides take people on the crooked river and float it or i thought maybe I read it wrong. thanks for your help anyways.

T
timmay
I would be happy to show you around the crooked anytime

E
elkhntr09
Ill keep that in mind thanks. I am consentrating right now on figuring out the williamson down here in klamath. went out last saturday and landed 2 that were about 2-3 pounds and missed prolly another 5-6 fish. headed back out this weekend to give it another try.

T
timmay
Nice! I've always wanted to fish the Williamson or the wood river. Nice thing about the crooked is that it fishes well year round. I typically fish there most in the winter

E
elkhntr09
well im just getting into fly fishing and stuff so I have tons to learn. But if your ever down this way let me know and if Im around I would be more the willing to take you down the williamson or wood. I have some friends that fish the crooked a few times a year and they always seem to catch fish last time I was there I didn't catch anything lol. thought I would have better luck if i could float the crooked but guess that wont happen lol.

P
pdxstruve
Hi. For fly fishing...make sure and bring your PMD's and tiny zebra midges. When they are finicky on the Crooked...those two can save the day.