Tualtin river has me stumped

R
Reedm
I have been out to the tualatin 7 times in the past month. These are the only times I've ever fished the tualtin and I haven't caughten anything! Ive been 3 different places, cooks park, Jurgens park and another place close to my house. The only reason I keep fishing here is that it's really close to my house. What am I doing wrong?? I've tried everything from worms to other baits and just about every lure...nothing...any suggestions?

S
sapo
Doesn't seem like you're doing much wrong. Split shot and worm drifted can catch bass, add a bobber if you keep getting snagged. Rooster tails work as well, but you said you've tried basically everything. I'm actually surprised you haven't caught anything, it might be a stage of the fish's life cycle where the fish in there don't eat much? What are you fishing for?

R
Reedm
Mainly bass but really anything that will bite

I
igquick
Reedm said:
Mainly bass but really anything that will bite

A place I haven't carp fished yet, and a place where I've seen an old pic of a 20 lb Common Carp

E
Explorer21
I have fished the tualtin last year from a canoe and would catch fish all day long. I would use spinners, my favorite for the tualtin is a bangtail. Worms on bottom and patience will work for bass, suckers, northern pike minnow. Rebel crawdad lure is also a great go to for it. I would also suggest plastic worms, june bug about 5'' with curly tail will do the trick as well.

Hope that helps.

Tight lines

C
CESAR503
ive caught a carp and yellow perch and even rainbow trout down by rood bridge park...ive always use worms and caught something....but there is a lot of snags now that ive been using a bobber....last year there wasent as many snags

EOBOY
EOBOY
CESAR503 said:
ive caught a carp and yellow perch and even rainbow trout down by rood bridge park...ive always use worms and caught something....but there is a lot of snags now that ive been using a bobber....last year there wasent as many snags

I live real close to rood bridge park and have wanted to put my canoe in right there. Only problem has been my back, I hurt it last Thur. and haven't been able to get out. Hope to get out by the middle of this coming week. Just above the bridge the river is blocked by tree's, but I was told that above the old dam above the bridge was a good spot for big Trout. Now I just need to get past the logs.

shammer

D
DrTheopolis
Hard to drift a worm in the Toilettown and not catch something.

R
Reedm
Do you have a better fishing spot that is close?

C
CESAR503
yea there seems to be a lot of snags this year....last year I dident loose as much gear as I did that day!!! lol....but oh well it is what it is....sometimes I go by where the water/bubbles comes out and catch yellow perch.....you can usually see fish jumping