Roaring River hatchery fun

troutdude
troutdude
Took my favorite little 7 year old, out for Free Fishing Weekend activities. She's my oldest grand niece. Here's a pic of her biggest catch (she didn't want to touch it, so the guy cleaning it held it up...LOL). Didn't get an exact measurement; but it was 22-23".

When it took OFF; it went clear across the pond. We had to tighten her drag--and horse it in--because we didn't want to tangle everyone else up (and maybe all of lose our fish)! It put up a great fight, for a brooder.

Harlee's big one at Roaring River 2014.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:thumb:

E
eugene1
Good work td, but you should've held it for her!

Best,

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Nice fish! Bigger than any of the fish I saw caught today for sure! I remember my uncle Matt taking me trout fishing when I was young and he's the biggest reason I'm still a fisherman today so Troutdude, I salute you for helping pass on our love for fishing with the next generation!

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks. I helped her momma (my niece), learn how to fish too. Now, it's time for the youngest generation.

H
HereFishy
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Nice fish! Bigger than any of the fish I saw caught today for sure! I remember my uncle Matt taking me trout fishing when I was young and he's the biggest reason I'm still a fisherman today so Troutdude, I salute you for helping pass on our love for fishing with the next generation!

+1