Good Lord

C
coyo7e
Went to JC today since I heard they'd stocked there Tues and ABC didn't get any stock on Thursday like usual. Put on 2 lemon-lime power eggs with a long leader and a sliding weight, and caught my limit in 5 or 6 casts flat.

But good lord is there a ton of trash left everywhere - I've seen less mess in homeless camp sites along the water in Alton Baker, and I'm not exxagerating at all! :blushing:

At one spot there were two empty power egg containers (left on the boardwalk maybe 70 feet to the trash in the parking lot) on the railing, literally on top of a clean and empty plastic bag which could've been used to pick up and cart out the trash.

Please remember folks, bring a bag and if we all just grab 1 or 2 extra pieces of garbage as we leave - there would be no trash anywhere around the area! :peace:

E
eugene1
Trash seems to be inescapable these days in popular bank fishing areas. Hope you got some of it cleaned out, not sure why people think it's OK to trash the banks, but I assume their houses are pig pens filled with 3 feet of garbage.

Best,

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
^^^ Totally agree with you both! ^^^

O
Orgwayne
So the JC pond is next to Hwy 99 right ? now OSP, lane County Sheriff all go by it , can,t one of them take a break there , and see whats with the lazy people , not throwing their trash away ? I know they probley don,t have time for (small stuff) But ticket one or two WILL make a diff
Wayne

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
People don't care anymore it seems to me. I always pickup after myself because I don't want to be the one who gets public lands, rivers, etc. shut down because I litter or don't clean up after myself. I wish more people thought that way

T
Throbbit _Shane
You would think the regulars out there would help out with picking garbage up. But who knows they might be the ones trashing it. If I remember right there are trash cans out there, use them people!!!

C
coyo7e
Orgwayne said:
So the JC pond is next to Hwy 99 right ? now OSP, lane County Sheriff all go by it , can,t one of them take a break there , and see whats with the lazy people , not throwing their trash away ? I know they probley don,t have time for (small stuff) But ticket one or two WILL make a diff
Wayne
It'd be nice but especially with random small bits of garbage, how do you prove it's the person sitting there with a rod in hand who's responsible for the trash, rather than someone who was there the day/week before? :sad:

On a side note I went back there Saturday afternoon and while it was pretty full I was able to get a good spot on the south shore again, near the mini horses (my dog loves bumping noses with them) and limited out in an hour or so. It was a little more windy than Thursday but I again killed it with a 4'-6' leader and two "lemon-lime" colored power eggs on the hook for ample bouyancy, but added a second sliding weight above my swivel to get it out there against the wind. There seems to be a deep spot along the south bank and between that and the shade cover, my assumptions paid out that it would be a better spot as well as less sun on my neck. :D

There were a few young families around who were trying pretty hard to get their little ones a "first fish" and several kids were delighted that they got to "pet the fish" on my stringer. I showed one or two guys with kindergarten-age kids how to set up their rig and gave them some eggs (apparently Bi-Mart is telling everyone that garlic powerbait is the best, but it's so messy and prone to falling off the hook ugh) and my spot as I left.

The stockers were all nice, fat, and healthy and although mine were all between 10"-13", one guy had landed a nice 18" or so fish.

D
DrTheopolis
If you don't like seeing garbage on the river banks/lakes, then it's probably best you don't fish the big pullout immediately above The Narrows on the Wilson. It'll take a few truckloads to undo the trashing some squatters did.

A bit disheartening. I packed out more than I brought in, but it's really something. A-holes.

G
grampa ron
I have been there when people try to leave there trash behind. I have reminded them to go back and get it. Of course they are always surprised they forgot ti get it.