Little help please!

J
jackolope
I will be fishing Wichiup Res in mid-June. Would like a little help with the HOW too and With what.

Thanks
Jack-o-Lope
:D

Irishrover
Irishrover
Are you brining a boat along? If you are and you plan to stay for a few days try to get a camp spot at Gull Pioint camp ground. There is a great spot to beach your boat. Are you going after kokes or browns or both. Trolling for kokes with wedding rings, troll for browns with rapalas. Just a couple of ideas for you.

T
TTFishon
What are you going to be fishing for? June is a good time of year to fish the shallow water for large browns.

F
FishFinger
The main question standing is, do you intend to bring a boat? If so, here's what you might expect...

Speaking to folks at the launch yesterday morning, the Kokanee bite is early, most boats had limits; trolling and jigging, from sunrise to 8am. There after things really slowed down.
As TTfishon mentioned the Brown's are indeed boiling in the shallows (2' to 4') feasting on abundant small brown "flies" skating the surface tension. The browns are highly selective in what they take. Unless you accurately "match the hatch" and mimic the surface flutter, they aren't interested. If your presentation isn't spot on, they simply refuse to commit.

J
jackolope
I will be taking my boat but I don't have a downrigger.
I do have a good assortment of wedding rings and rappalla's (both floating and sinking).
I already have reserved 9 nights at La Pine state park and will be fishing more then Wickiup. Probably spend at least 3 days on wickiup.
Will also be trying to jig for the lakers at Odell.
Thanks for the reply
jack-o-lope
PS
am not fishing Wickiup June 14 due to tournament crowd at the boat ramps.

T
TTFishon
FishFinger said:
The main question standing is, do you intend to bring a boat? If so, here's what you might expect...

Speaking to folks at the launch yesterday morning, the Kokanee bite is early, most boats had limits; trolling and jigging, from sunrise to 8am. There after things really slowed down.
As TTfishon mentioned the Brown's are indeed boiling in the shallows (2' to 4') feasting on abundant small brown "flies" skating the surface tension. The browns are highly selective in what they take. Unless you accurately "match the hatch" and mimic the surface flutter, they aren't interested. If your presentation isn't spot on, they simply refuse to commit.

A whole night crawler threaded up your line with no weight works well too.

J
jackolope
Never tried this out of a boat but have used hole crawler from the bank in east lake and done well for browns.

Thanks need all the help I can get since I will have young grandson(5 yrs) as one of my fishing partner.
Need to teach them right as well as his dad.