Steelhead fishing locations

S
sapo
I'm going to go for some summer steelhead in about a week. Is the Sandy or Clackamas better right now? Also, are there some good stretches of these rivers for steelhead? Just planning on tossing spinners for a few hours, maybe some other methods if that's not working. Thanks.

T
troutmasta
They are both pretty hot right now. I'd go clack if you want smaller crowds. Dark spinners and spoons have been working.

O
OnTheDrop
You ask a lot of questions that have been answered Sapo... Do like the rest of us and find out on your own asventures. Chasing reports will get you to fish that have already been caught.

With that said, both rivers mentioned have fish in them and have for a while now. Plenty of access and what not for a bank angler too. Go out and make the report,

D
dozer365
Fish tha sandy please!! Here are no fish in the clack to be caught on spinners.

C
ChezJfrey
dozer365 said:
Fish tha sandy please!! Here are no fish in the clack to be caught on spinners.

Or spoons either...and there is no free beer or topless women on the Clack either.

O
OnTheDrop
ChezJfrey said:
Or spoons either...and there is no free beer or topless women on the Clack either.

That's the trouble with the this time of year.. Topless woman and generous people offering J's and Brews to fellow fisher-folk.

Growing up on the Clack was terrible... :lol:

Chromatose
Chromatose
SteelmonKiller20 said:
That's the trouble with the this time of year.. Topless woman and generous people offering J's and Brews to fellow fisher-folk.

Growing up on the Clack was terrible... :lol:

If that be the case then do you remember this???

1970 Milo McIver State Park ...

Sorry bout the high jack post. But I could not resist.

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheDrop and eugene1
E
eugene1
Cool vid!

O
OnTheDrop
The Vortex! I remember learning about that a few years ago. Yeah, it's a shame I'm only 22 or I would have been an attendee for sure.

EOBOY
EOBOY
chromatose

Dang I still had mud on me from Viet Nam when I went to Vortex, hooked up with my old High School sweet heart.

O
OnTheDrop
^^True story?

That's radical.

S
Socaaron
Chromatose said:
If that be the case then do you remember this???

I just wonder how many fish were being just completely ignored in that fantastic stretch of river at the time....lol

EOBOY
EOBOY
SteelmonKiller20 said:
^^True story?

That's radical.

Yup, True story. 13 months in the Nam and just a week later I was surrounded by necked bodies and loud music seemed like a dream.

O
OnTheDrop
EOBOY said:
Yup, True story. 13 months in the Nam and just a week later I was surrounded by necked bodies and loud music seemed like a dream.

That's an epic memory my friend.