Summer chrome!

J
jesse202505
hey fellow members, I havent been on lately ( had to switch internet providers) also been working all the overtime I can get at work.
I finally got out this last weekend to our favorite hole and tossed bobber and home made jigs and had some of the best fishing ive had in a long time.
so far ive landed 2 and my brother 1 but we have had many takes, its crazy ive watched how fast a steelhead can spit a jig out right after taking it.
finally made a jig pattern that has provided two of the three fish, im pretty stoked to see my jigs working great, so far about 7 out of 10 fish are atleast biting, helps a lot when you can see whats going on in the water. can't wait to go out again! good luck to all, tight lines. IMG_20140601_121538447_HDR.jpgPicsArt_1400970656537.jpgIMG_20140601_081135.jpg

J
jesse202505
Forgot to mention, My brother and I finally broke the skunk! we were going on a 6 month streak....makes me sick! but glad things have turned around and finally getting into some good fishing. hope everyones having a good year as well!

E
eugene1
Great looking fish!

We need more summer run pics. Did you tip your jigs with any bait?

Congrats to you and your bro,

J
jesse202505
eugene1 said:
We need more summer run pics. Did you tip your jigs with any bait?

Nope. Haven't tried that. I have one jig pattern that has been getting constantly hit, I haven't even had the chance to throw new patterns to see IG they work lol. I did start using yarn when I tie my jigs and they seem to get stuck on the steelheads teeth, giving us an extra second to set the hook and it has shown improvement!

Reactions: eugene1
E
eugene1
You could get some cheap frozen salad shrimp from freddies, safeway, wherever. Bring a few out with you in a ziplock and cut a small chunk to put on the jig hook. The natural scent and "mouthfeel" can be beneficial, I think. You obviously don't need help, but a couple of additional takes per outing can't be bad either. LOL.

Best & keep at it,

J
jesse202505
I will try it and let you know how is goes. :thumb:

M
mikeee2362
WooHoo Skunk broken!! Nice fish Jesse! We should go again one of these days, give me a call.

S
sapo
Beautiful fish!

Chromatose
Chromatose
Fins & Grins !!!!!! doesn't get any better.........................:thumb:

C
collegekidusa
Nice Catch!!!