Timber Linn hog report!

troutdude
troutdude
My buddy Jeff took his kid out to Timber Linn, in Albany, last weekend. He was richly rewarded; and has now joined the HOG HUNTERS CLUB! (It's 32")

Timber Linn Hog.jpg

Reactions: igquick
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice, that is a HOG!

E
eugene1
Cool, is that a recycled steelie or a brood stock trout?

Huge...

I
igquick
dang that's a dam hog

M
mikeee2362
Oinker!!

troutdude
troutdude
Most likely a brooder, that pond. But, it appears to be a one-year holdover. At 32", I'm thinking about 12 pounds.

bass
bass
That is definitely not a recently planted brooder, just look at the shape of the fins and the nose. That is either a recycled steelhead or a fish that has been in that pond for a long time. Congratulations on a beautiful fish!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I really like how its kinda shaped like a steelhead not football shaped like some brooders

bass
bass
SiletzTroutKiller said:
I really like how its kinda shaped like a steelhead not football shaped like some brooders

Yes, plus it does not have that haunted look in its eyes from living for years in a cement prison, being forced to do unspeakable things in the name of fisheries science...

Reactions: eugene1
E
eugene1
Lol.

bass said:
yes, plus it does not have that haunted look in its eyes from living for years in a cement prison, being forced to do unspeakable things in the name of fisheries science...

troutdude
troutdude
Unspeakable things at the hatchery...ROTFL!

I just enlarged the pic, and look more closely. It has a lighter band, on the end of the tail fin. That "one ring" growth--as a fisheries biologist explained--indicates a one-year holdover brooder. That fish probably worked it's up into the creek, after being planted last year, when the summer temps warmed the lake too much. It obviously ate well, and had the proper temps and oxygen supply (in the creek). Then, he/she meandered back into the lake...only to find my friend's OFFering...and it's sudden demise!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Wether it's a brooder or a surplus steelhead....it's a nice catch